Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of places do this to stop open carry. Expo square is a perfect example. Gunbuster sign is there to stop open carry, they are not searching nor are the interested in searching people.

Wouldn't expect them to search but I won't be doing business with them again.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently: "Dan Gordon, president of Samuel Gordon Jewelers in Oklahoma City, found himself the target of angry comments when he posted a picture on his personal Facebook page of a sign at his store saying customers weren’t allowed to bring their guns inside." from this article http://www.jckonline.com/2013/05/19/cross-fire-jewelers-discuss-risks-keeping-guns-in-store and the money quote "If we allowed people to carry, we’d basically be inviting a holdup"

malbrour

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been banking at MidFirst Bank for 20 years now. When Oklahoma first passed the CCW law MidFirst Bank in my area didn’t post anything on their doors. I as I went about my business I didn’t have to worry about carrying in there until one day they put up a “no guns” sign.

Interesting how this bank keeps getting robbed, while the other financial institutions with armed off-duty police security don't. You think the suits up in corporate would learn...

airpowmech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question and I didn't see it, maybe I missed it. I am new to the state but back in Pennsylvania government building are required to provide weapon checks for civilian weapon carriers, does Oklahoma require this?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question and I didn't see it, maybe I missed it. I am new to the state but back in Pennsylvania government building are required to provide weapon checks for civilian weapon carriers, does Oklahoma require this?

Nope. Government buildings are off limits by statute. You can however leave it locked in your car in the parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom