Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently Target has submitted to blackmail from the anti-gun nuts and is now "...respectfully request[ing] that customers don't bring guns into their stores, even in locations where that is legal..." If they post signs in Oklahoma, they'll lose business. Our local WalMart initially posted gunbuster signs when concealed carry became legal in Oklahoma. That lasted less than two weeks as people complained and stopped shopping there. CVS posted gunbuster signs when open carry became legal. That lasted about a week. Starbucks has tried to mollify the anti-gun nuts with their CEO's letter "...asking..." that people not carry guns into their stores, but hasn't posted any signs here of which I am aware.

It's real simple. Post a sign, and we'll stop shopping there. Insult us, and we'll stop shopping there. "Respectfully request" that we don't bring our guns into your store, and we'll obey the law, respectfully, and will probably stop shopping there, too.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently Target has submitted to blackmail from the anti-gun nuts and is now "...respectfully request[ing] that customers don't bring guns into their stores, even in locations where that is legal..." If they post signs in Oklahoma, they'll lose business. Our local WalMart initially posted gunbuster signs when concealed carry became legal in Oklahoma. That lasted less than two weeks as people complained and stopped shopping there. CVS posted gunbuster signs when open carry became legal. That lasted about a week. Starbucks has tried to mollify the anti-gun nuts with their CEO's letter "...asking..." that people not carry guns into their stores, but hasn't posted any signs here of which I am aware.

It's real simple. Post a sign, and we'll stop shopping there. Insult us, and we'll stop shopping there. "Respectfully request" that we don't bring our guns into your store, and we'll obey the law, respectfully, and will probably stop shopping there, too.

Nailed it

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped at the new Sprouts in Broken Arrow on our way home from a wedding and didn't see any gunbuster signs. On the way out, I spotted a sign on the glass between the sliding door and the wall. It was a dark green outline with the words "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" in black lettering. From the outside on a sunny day it is almost invisible. I was carrying concealed due to the wedding, but I can foresee someone not seeing Sprouts' "stealth" gunbuster sign and getting embarrassed/harassed if identified as a gun carrier.

It's a shame, really, that I won't be spending any more money there.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the email I sent them through their website:

"My wife and I stopped at your new store in Broken Arrow, OK, yesterday 09/14/2014. I was disappointed to see a 'NO FIREARMS ALLOWED' sign next to the door as we left. Worse, the 'NO FIREARMS ALLOWED' sign was off to one side of the door, outlined in a dark shade of green with black letters, rendering it difficult to see from the outside on a bright day. This is a problem because, had I seen the sign, we wouldn't have spent any money in your store since I refuse to support companies that don't respect my civil rights.

Until you change your policy, we will not patronize any of your locations, and we will inform our families and friends that Sprouts doesn't respect law-abiding citizens who have Oklahoma Handgun Licenses.

'NO SPROUTS ALLOWED'"

I've received a "We received your email" message, but nothing definitive, yet.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the email I sent them through their website:

"My wife and I stopped at your new store in Broken Arrow, OK, yesterday 09/14/2014. I was disappointed to see a 'NO FIREARMS ALLOWED' sign next to the door as we left. Worse, the 'NO FIREARMS ALLOWED' sign was off to one side of the door, outlined in a dark shade of green with black letters, rendering it difficult to see from the outside on a bright day. This is a problem because, had I seen the sign, we wouldn't have spent any money in your store since I refuse to support companies that don't respect my civil rights.

Until you change your policy, we will not patronize any of your locations, and we will inform our families and friends that Sprouts doesn't respect law-abiding citizens who have Oklahoma Handgun Licenses.

'NO SPROUTS ALLOWED'"

I've received a "We received your email" message, but nothing definitive, yet.

Great example for others to follow!

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to the manager at the sprouts in Bixby a couple weeks ago. He said quietly, "It's corporate policy, so we have to put the signs up. But if you carry in here, it's fine with me, and it won't bother us." Thought that was pretty cool of him. We still shop there. I oughta email the corporate drones, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom