Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at CC'ing at the aquarium a couple of weeks ago. Didn't see any signs anywhere, and got a discount for showing my Lifetime Hunting/Fishing license!

I may have misspoken when I said they were run by Department of Wildlife. You are correct in that they are managed by the Oklahoma Aquarium Association and Jenks Aquarium Association, and being that ODWC does have an office there, the land they are on may be ODWC property which falls under a completely different set of laws regarding carry.

I have heard something recently like that as well, however looking at their website I can't find anything mentioning the ODWC runs or owns tje aquarium. It does say they are. 501 charity, founded and managed by Oklahoma aquarium association and jenks aquarium association. However the ODWC does have its headquarters on the aquarium's campus per the aquarium website, but I would guess that only that section of the building where their headquarters are present would be a prohibitive place, but I'm not sure on the technicalities of a federal or state office having its office within a public charitable company.

Liberty addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And... a little bit of disappointing news to add to that..

HB2122 passed and was signed by the Governor. This new law allows Permit/License holders to carry onto private parking lots their concealed firearm and store it in their locked vehicle. The Bill States, "No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle." The law becomes effective 11/1/04. This law has been blocked by a Federal Judge. Until the court rules this law is null and void.

Oklahoma should tell the Judge that HE/SHE is the one being unconstitutional. I am not a lawyer but my daughter is.

Liberty addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a lawyer either, so you won't hurt my feelings any. :)

I honestly don't understand why this isn't clear to everybody else. Maybe I have a screw loose. It seems pretty simple to me, but then I'm used to looking at Access Control Lists for firewalls and routers:

Rule 1) Carry on Oklahoma State property is prohibited.
Rule 2) Property owners may control the possession of weapons on their property
Rule 3) If Property Owner prohibits possession of a firearm on their property, it is prohibited.
Rule 4) Carry of a concealed firearm is authorized by duly licensed civilians, except in prohibited areas.

Oh, well. Life would be boring if everybody agreed with each other. :)

Now what I have to say is not definitive, but Handgunlaw.us says, regarding this: "Do no gun signs have the force of law (Oklahoma)? NO"

chigger digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at FNB's branch on Douglass Blvd. in MWC today and the subject of CCW came up while visiting with the branch Mg. she told me that due to cust complaints they have removed the no weapons signs off all branches . I also talked to the guard , he informed me that there had indeed been open carriers in the bank ! I know it may not look like it at times ....but I think we are slowly winning !!

theSaint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night at the AMC theater at NE corner of 41st & Yale, went to see a movie with the wife. I had just finished buying my $27 worth of popcorn and drinks when 2 armed security guards approached me. One informed me that he "thought" I might be carrying a concealed firearm and that its AMC policy that no weapons are allowed in the theater. I asked to speak to the manager.
Manager comes over and asks if I have a firearm, I ask him if he sees one on me? He replies, NO. I inform him that I did not see a "NO GUN" sign, He replies that they are located at the bottom of the door, near the ground, and sure enough it was, right at ankle level.
Anyways, I got a refund for my tickets and concessions and informed the manager that regardless of whether I had a firearm or not, AMC would never get another cent of my money do to their anti gun policy and the way they handled it.
So good job, Mr.Movie Theater Armed Guard, you saved 1 bucket of pocket corn, 2 giant sodas and a bag of reeses pieces from a potentially armed, law abiding citizen!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know... I have been there many times. I've pointedly not seen those signs, either.

I hate our local theaters. All except the Warren.... they only forbid "Open Carry".

Latest posts

Top Bottom