This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khasper980

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just moved here from New Hampshire. I’m NH you can shoot on public land responsibly. I usually avoid indoor or formal ranges because it’s often they control the rate of fire and don’t allow holster work, or movement.

Are there any public land areas to shoot on? I’ve seen the WMA’s but the closest one is well over an hour away. Am I able to find an open field with a berm and shoot for an hour to train CCW work? If that’s not allowed, what advice do you have for places I could go.

Thanks!

Brian

Attachments

• 1A9D16AE-1178-4562-BED5-BF1E5668FACF.jpeg
    1A9D16AE-1178-4562-BED5-BF1E5668FACF.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 5

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okc gun club and Wilshire gun range I believe allow you to draw from a holster. Not WMA but Ive been looking at going to public land also. But same issue, its a long drive

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
South of Lawton there’s a gun range called “Diamond” something or another. Haven’t been there myself and have heard mixed reviews. I lucked out and one of the deacons at church owns a farm 5 minutes from my house and lets me shoot there. I lead a charmed life. 😉 Thing is in Oklahoma there isn’t a lot of public land. Also made another friend that lives between Lawton and Elgin that has a 100 yd range and let’s me shoot there whenever I like. I’d suggest making friends and you’re bound to find someone that will let you shoot at their place. Oklahoma is full of kind and generous people, just don’t take advantage and you’ll be good.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA and Oklahoma.
Target shooting is not allowed on WMA’s or Corps of Engineer lands unlike some of the BLM land in other states where target shooting is allowed.
I see your currently in the Lawton area and we have several members that live there also so I hope they chime in and let you know of any public ranges in your area. The Okla Wildlife dept is putting public ranges around the state that only require a hunting license to shoot there.
I don’t know if one is in your area. If your military, I think there is a range on Ft Sill but I stand to be corrected on that.
Good luck and good shooting.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
South of Lawton there’s a gun range called “Diamond” something or another. Haven’t been there myself and have heard mixed reviews. I lucked out and one of the deacons at church owns a farm 5 minutes from my house and lets me shoot there. I lead a charmed life. 😉 Thing is in Oklahoma there isn’t a lot of public land. Also made another friend that lives between Lawton and Elgin that has a 100 yd range and let’s me shoot there whenever I like. I’d suggest making friends and you’re bound to find someone that will let you shoot at their place. Oklahoma is full of kind and generous people, just don’t take advantage and you’ll be good.

Not a fan of Diamond D or whatever it is.

Places are few. I need to sight in a couple new scopes.

Fouled Bore at Chickasha has 1400 yards rifle and 2 pistol ranges. It is nice but far for me.

Ck out the the fat guys Lawton lunch.

Last edited:

jeremyowen70

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just moved here from New Hampshire. I’m NH you can shoot on public land responsibly. I usually avoid indoor or formal ranges because it’s often they control the rate of fire and don’t allow holster work, or movement.

Are there any public land areas to shoot on? I’ve seen the WMA’s but the closest one is well over an hour away. Am I able to find an open field with a berm and shoot for an hour to train CCW work? If that’s not allowed, what advice do you have for places I could go.

Thanks!

BrianB
Hey all,

Thanks!

Brian
I trained at Badlands Tactical just sw of Lawton.
They have pistol/carbine range, known distance out to at lease 1000yards, unknown distance ranges. Check it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom