Places you don't need a CCL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhite65

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a person doesn't have a CCL where can they have a gun in hand? Like on their own property, I assume. But, do they need one if they're on a state lake in a cabin or in a hotel?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your domicile (which can include hotels, campgrounds, rv's, etc) or private property for which you have permission from the owner to carry.... Is my understanding. When I say campgrounds, I mean your campsite. You can't strap up and walk across the campground to the restroom.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that no laws were recently passed to fix the current caselaw from the Pierce v. State (1929) holding that whether or not one is on their own premises (specifically the curtilage of their home) has no bearing on whether carrying a pistol without a license is legal. I could be wrong, though. I've been too busy the last couple of years to keep up with the legislature.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that no laws were recently passed to fix the current caselaw from the Pierce v. State (1929) holding that whether or not one is on their own premises (specifically the curtilage of their home) has no bearing on whether carrying a pistol without a license is legal. I could be wrong, though. I've been too busy the last couple of years to keep up with the legislature.

§21-1289.6. Conditions under which firearms may be carried. said:
CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH FIREARMS MAY BE CARRIED
A. A person shall be permitted to carry loaded and unloaded shotguns, rifles and pistols, open and not concealed and without a handgun license as authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act pursuant to the following conditions:...

6. For lawful self-defense and self-protection or any other legitimate purpose in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person; or

Looks like this was addressed in 2012.

Latest posts

Top Bottom