Planting Morel mushrooms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too. I guess no one has tried them. Several kits with various kinds of shrooms on Amazon. I may try some next year.
I have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the lifecycle of a lot of livin things, mushrooms however are a big smokin hole. Time to correct this deficiency, i’ll be back......

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mushrooms especially morels are so subject to micro environment. If you have a bunch of rotting elms that’s when I’d plant them. But I’ll bet they’re already planted there
I am wondering if I could plant them under my Redbud. My wild onions are doing great in all the rotting leaves under there even being in the shade all the time.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am wondering if I could plant them under my Redbud. My wild onions are doing great in all the rotting leaves under there even being in the shade all the time.
Sure you can plant them. You just won't get them growing. Basically dead elm trees, almost dead apple trees, Elms, Sycamore, Ash (sometimes), Tulip Poplar...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read not to pull the shroom harvesting it. Just cut off the top and leave the bottom rooted.
That is my sum total of mushroom knowledge. I wouldn't know a morel from a toadstool. I buy them in stores.

Latest posts

Top Bottom