Playing with this new camera - First Video Created

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Too late for me....

....three camera bodies and 8 lenses.

Oh, and I still have a point and shoot from around 2005.
There for a while I spent as much time and money on Fred Miranda classified as I do on OSA. I’d still like to pick up a good used Sony RX10 IV before softball/baseball season.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.

Too late for me....

....three camera bodies and 8 lenses.

Oh, and I still have a point and shoot from around 2005.
Amateur.
7 working film bodies: 1 4x5 field camera, 1 6x7, 1 6x6, 4 35mm. 16 lenses between them ( I think, might be a couple more lenses).
And a full darkroom set up to support them.

Oh, and I've got a 7 year old Canon 70D with 5 lenses.

:D

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Amateur.
7 working film bodies: 1 4x5 field camera, 1 6x7, 1 6x6, 4 35mm. 16 lenses between them ( I think, might be a couple more lenses).

Wow, the next question is how many photographs did you make in January?

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Wow, the next question is how many photographs did you make in January?
None. :(
While my son-in-law is undergoing chemo treatments in OKC my granddaughters are staying with us and my darkroom has reverted back to bathroom status. I do need to get the digital out and shoot some pics of the birds coming in to the feeders though had 7 Cardinal roosters on one today. Mostly been too damn cold the last few days for my lazy butt to play.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amateur.

Excellent, Sir. And yes, I've long said that I was merely a "serious, amateur" photographer.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've gone and done it! I have filmed my first ever watch repair video. Talk about a learning curve! I learned about 50 things during the process and I know I could make a much better video if I did it all over again. I have my 6139-6005 Pogue on the bench and did a detailed disassembly video. I completed my first attempt at editing last night and am currently in the process of uploading it. It's rough, and I had some short periods of time where the focus wasn't correct, but overall I think I could've done worse. I filmed it with my microscope camera and the new Nikon. I set the Nikon to auto-focus, and that was mistake number one. It kept trying to pick up my hand, or tools, etc. that moved in frame. When I film the repair and reassembly process I'll lock it to a fixed focus point and I think it'll solve my focus issues.

I have to say that as much as the editing was a challenge, I think I am picking it up pretty quickly. I even put in a 'jumping ninja' in a short part of the video highlighting a YouTube subscribe request, haha!. One it's uploaded I'll share a link. I was hesitant because you turkeys can be tough crowd, but maybe one or two of you will offer some advice after you roast me for not being a good videographer. At least the technical data in the video is solid. I tried to go into detail on a lot of the items, more so than I find on similar videos. That's why I'm going to end up making separate videos for the disassembly, repair and reassembly stages. There's just too much info and if I put it all together the darn thing would probably be over 2 hours long!

My video is 'amateur' in the absolute sense of the word. It's rough around the edges, etc., but I enjoyed the process. My hats off to people who do that for a living. It's certainly an acquired skill to make it look presentable.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it actually finished uploading while I was typing out my previous message.

Be kind, lol. It'll get better on future videos, but my goal is to have good technical content. I want to make the kind video that I'd like to find if I was trying to do my homework on a movement that I hadn't worked on before.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well, it actually finished uploading while I was typing out my previous message.

Be kind, lol. It'll get better on future videos, but my goal is to have good technical content. I want to make the kind video that I'd like to find if I was trying to do my homework on a movement that I hadn't worked on before.

Simply amazing. When will my watch be ready for purchase?

Latest posts

Top Bottom