Please don't be this person...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems the z-axis to the equation here would be the relevant frequency of occurrence.

ie - My parents leave their garage and boat house doors open all day, every day. They've yet to have a single thing stolen, that they know of, in their little Mayberry town where this kind of thing is very rare. All the same, I've been working in my garage before when a stranger I don't know as a neighbor walked in, picked something up, then dropped it and took off running when I came rising from behind my work bench in a town notorious for this kind of crime.

If I left my garage or shop open and something came up missing, I think it's fair to assign some blame to my own negligence given the frequency of occurrence in my town. It doesn't seem to equate the same assignment of blame for my parents as it is very rare in theirs.

I guess the real question in assigning a shared blame might be queued in the statistics of whatever town this happened in.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea. Help me understand why one would leave a firearm in a car period. Not for me that’s for sure

Two guns, a checkbook, house keys, in a car overnight? No sympathy for them...
Why would one continue to own and operate a business in an area of town known to be high in crime? Could be robbed at night or even during the day at gunpoint pretty easily. Better put some bars up and a door entry system requiring one to be buzzed in.

No one wants to answer my weedeater question? Can I leave my weedeater on the front porch, or the back porch or in my shed without a lock, alarm system, on-call firing squad?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, woman dresses scantily, staggers down the street, four youths gang rape her. Shall we diminish the actions of the youths because of her attire? Was it wise to dress like that and go out inebriated?

One decision does not negate the other. Yes, she chose poorly. Yes, the animals should be put down.

I have to leave guns in my vehicle, locked - several times a month. I lock my vehicle. I don't have "Glock Perfection" or "Property Protected by S&W" on my vehicle. (the gun owner equivalent of "asking for it")

There is no way you'll ever convince me that leaving my property in my locked vehicle puts ANY amount of responsibility on me, should some scumbag break in and STEAL from me.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of those bait car shows, the crooks would say something like 'well, they left the keys in it'.
Somehow in their mind that means it's ok to steal the car.
I don't know if you can fix that kind of stupid. Maybe, you'd think it comes from culture and upbringing.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys it is not your responsibility if your gun is stolen from a locked car, but it is stupid to leave it there if you do not have too. Every few months we have a thread about guns being stolen from a car, when will people wisen up?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys it is not your responsibility if your gun is stolen from a locked car, but it is stupid to leave it there if you do not have too. Every few months we have a thread about guns being stolen from a car, when will people wisen up?

That slut was asking for it. Did you see how short that skirt was?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That slut was asking for it. Did you see how short that skirt was?

Nice spin but not the same thing. More an attempt to avoid personal responsibility.

We are gun owners, many of us carry just in case we might need it, many of us have gun safes at home to protect our expensive firearms. Yet we leave a gun where it can easily be stolen when we do not have to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom