Please don't be this person...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys it is not your responsibility if your gun is stolen from a locked car, but it is stupid to leave it there if you do not have too. Every few months we have a thread about guns being stolen from a car, when will people wisen up?

Probably not wise to leave my weedeater on my front or back porch, was it? Or in an unlocked shed?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice spin but not the same thing. More an attempt to avoid personal responsibility.

We are gun owners, many of us carry just in case we might need it, many of us have gun safes at home to protect our expensive firearms. Yet we leave a gun where it can easily be stolen when we do not have to.

It is EXACTLY the same thing. You are trying to blame the victim.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't carry in the post office.

Tell that to all the folks that died in the Edmond post office massacre. Last time I was in the post office they didn't have magnetometers at the entry doors. You'd never know I carried a concealed weapon. But just for the sake of argument I have a chain and padlock that attached to the seat frame of my vehicle. Unload, padlock goes around the trigger guard and chain. Then it goes back under the seat discretely out of view. Most daylight parking lot thieves don't pack bolt cutters around with them. This stuff is all about being responsible and using common sense.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell that to all the folks that died in the Edmond post office massacre. Last time I was in the post office they didn't have magnetometers at the entry doors. You'd never know I carried a concealed weapon. But just for the sake of argument I have a chain and padlock that attached to the seat frame of my vehicle. Unload, padlock goes around the trigger guard and chain. Then it goes back under the seat discretely out of view. Most daylight parking lot thieves don't pack bolt cutters around with them. This stuff is all about being responsible and using common sense.

So how thick does the chain need to be? What kind of padlock?

Should a gun owner be held partially responsible for violence inflicted with his gun, should it be stolen from a car? A home? Why or why not?

Latest posts

Top Bottom