PLEASE HELP..(druryj)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I hate to tell you, but Apple phones aren't all that great and not everyone has one, so Apply Pay would be worthless to a non-Apple person.

Theres a few other cash apps as well, I used apple pay as a example of how to pay a person direct vs going thru a fund raising page and the situation in this thread.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theres a few other cash apps as well, I used apple pay as a example of how to pay a person direct vs going thru a fund raising page and the situation in this thread.

Yeah, I know. The wife uses something called "Cash App" for making payments to the RV park where our RV home is located. She used to use PayPal, but they have gone bonkers. She used to have a credit card through them and was refused when wanting to buy some ammo once.

In addition, PayPal also decided that they didn't want to be associated with USAA's banking services either and wouldn't do payments for anything that way.

So, she dropped everything related to PayPal.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy rip me off for $20, 2 weeks ago. A stranger, driving an expensive car, said he was a nurse at the OK Heart hospitol. Clean cut, dressed nice but casuall. Said his bank was on lockdown because of a computer breach and he needed to buy gas to get to work and couldnt use his debt card. He asked for my number so he could contact me for repayment. So we exchanged phone numbers.
I havent heard from him after several texts and calls.
Lying POS probably driving his dad's car.
Glad it was only 20 but I am done loaning money.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had a guy rip me off for $20, 2 weeks ago. A stranger, driving an expensive car, said he was a nurse at the OK Heart hospitol. Clean cut, dressed nice but casuall. Said his bank was on lockdown because of a computer breach and he needed to buy gas to get to work and couldnt use his debt card. He asked for my number so he could contact me for repayment. So we exchanged phone numbers.
Did you get his name? Out him publicly. A little humiliation goes a long way.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a guy carrying a gas can approach me in the Sam’s parking lot. He said he was out of gas and had forgotten his wallet. He was wanting some gas money to get him back home. I said I’m not giving you any money but I’ll go over to the station and fill-up that gas can for you. He said “never mind”.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I hope this thread continues and maybe goes viral on other platforms. Those here that don't want to see more post on this subject, should just not follow this thread. Seems pretty simple fix.
I agree with the legal process to nail this guy. It's a hard excuse that he may be sick, out of town, turned into a witch....whatever. Those excused don't work with cellphones/laptops.....ease of access to explain. It was just a scamer that found an easy mark (us). I'm sure he's done it before. I don't mind saying it here.
Using a very cool guys memory to steal money is not forgivale to me.
One of the times I got ripped off, the guy wasn't that smart and some people knew where he lived and knew him and family. Guy said he had bills and about to lose his wife. He said he used the money and would give the money back to us when he could. (Never did)
It's not the money it's the trust. We, on this forum, take care of each other and reach out and help one of our own. These people make us not give and that's just not a good thing
Meh, the gov steals money from us every day, every year and we keep letting it happen. Lots of folks loan the gov their money all year long without interest and we let it keep happening.

We still haven't heard from the guy have we?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. The wife uses something called "Cash App" for making payments to the RV park where our RV home is located. She used to use PayPal, but they have gone bonkers. She used to have a credit card through them and was refused when wanting to buy some ammo once.

In addition, PayPal also decided that they didn't want to be associated with USAA's banking services either and wouldn't do payments for anything that way.

So, she dropped everything related to PayPal.
dropped my paypal account also. no firearms or related items.

Latest posts

Top Bottom