Please reccomend me a .22lr can

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, the Sparrow sounds good with lightweight, user serviceable, good sound reduction. I can give up the QD, but what about the durability of aluminum threads? Or am I just trying to re-invent the wheel and there is already a steel insert on the can for threading? QD was on my wishlist to avoid buggering up the threads on the can, but I would love for someone smarter than me to already have this problem solved.

Most all current production .22 lr cans have a stainless steel thread insert. Some like the early Gemtech Outback had aluminum threads, but you want SS for longevity and durability. The Sparrow has SS threads.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Peracetic acid destroys aluminum.

This is less of an issue with a take apart can, but if you shoot it too much without cleaning you won't be able to get it apart very easily. The sparrow is probably the best can to prevent this as well. But some people still like to clean the internals with the dip because it is easy. Only bad thing is disposal of the lead acetate that is a byproduct. Most probably don't do this properly.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is less of an issue with a take apart can, but if you shoot it too much without cleaning you won't be able to get it apart very easily. The sparrow is probably the best can to prevent this as well. But some people still like to clean the internals with the dip because it is easy. Only bad thing is disposal of the lead acetate that is a byproduct. Most probably don't do this properly.

Lead ass tators? So is that the left over kroil? What am I supposed to do with it? Ive been pouring it down the storm drain. Wrong?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Is there anything you don't know about silencers?

If I have any more questions about em, I'm finding you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom