Please tell me this isn't a real law???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For angler Justin Hamlin, it’s the tale of the big fish that got away.

Fishing in Oklahoma’s Keystone Lake in the northeastern part of the state Friday, Hamlin caught a huge, 157-lb. paddlefish that might have shattered a world record if not for a state regulation, officials told the Tulsa World.

His Valentine's Day monster catch was likely the biggest paddlefish ever caught, but will likely never appear in the record books because it was caught on a Friday, one of two days that the state's catch-and-release law applies, the newspaper reported.

The state regulation requires that fish caught Mondays and Fridays be released immediately.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdo...-to-let-go-of-monstrous-157-lb-paddlefish.amp

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That rule is just for the Paddlefish.

I thought about why it was created when they created it and I think it boils down to a lot of weekend warriors were poaching and something needed to happen to get the populations up.

just theory.. I think not enough law enforcement people out there to keep an eye on everyone.
I do not mind the law at all I think it is a good one.. has not hurt my fishing at all.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That rule is just for the Paddlefish.

I thought about why it was created when they created it and I think it boils down to a lot of weekend warriors were poaching and something needed to happen to get the populations up.

just theory.. I think not enough law enforcement people out there to keep an eye on everyone.
I do not mind the law at all I think it is a good one.. has not hurt my fishing at all.

Ah ok. I'm not a fishing enthusiast. The way the story was worded,I thought that was for all fishing. Thanks for clarifying this.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paddlefish angling by all methods is closed on the Spring River from the State Highway 60 bridge upstream to the Kansas line. Snagging of paddlefish or any fish is closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. year-round east of I-35 and north of I-40, except the Miami City Park from the south boat ramp to the 125 Highway bridge which shall remain open.

6 AM

Latest posts

Top Bottom