Plumbing Help 2023 - Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So our third bathroom was having issues with the toilet flushing. We tried a god stout accordion style plunger to no avail. Had a plumber come out and check it out. Long story short, the piping running under our slab is collecting water do to improper grading. It is pushing water out but there are to many dips (low points) that the sludge is building up and not leaving the pipe.
He suggested that we need to find a plumber with a jetter(sp) that can fit in a 3“ pvc pipe under the slab to go through and push all the sludge out. (The other option of cutting up the foundation in multiple spots and using anchors to draw up the low pipes in order to get the correct grade) is not feasible, as it would be VERY VERY expensive.
The house is 9 years old and we are not the original owners, so having any recourse is unlikely.

Any advice on someone that would have the equipment and experience would be appreciated, (I want to avoid the BIG national rooter company if at all possible)

Thank you OSA family.

PS I may not have all the facts necessary but the plumber I use said he would be happy to talk with someone with the right gear and show them the photos that he took with his line camera.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Williams plumbing in Tulsa has a jetter, not sure if it will do 3”, but maybe worth a call. In my experience, this issue will always cause problems until the line is leveled. But, if you can jet it once a year and it works, that’s the cheapest option.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Williams plumbing in Tulsa has a jetter, not sure if it will do 3”, but maybe worth a call. In my experience, this issue will always cause problems until the line is leveled. But, if you can jet it once a year and it works, that’s the cheapest option.
That was our thought. The house is 9 years old and has just started to rear its head in the last year. I am optimistic if we can clean it out it will get us by for a couple years so we can save up the cash to do the fix correctly.

Thank you for the lead on Williams, I will give them a call.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could get a quote from your U.S. Senator's company but beware that their service tech's work on commission although they are very honest folks.
Mullins is no longer owned by the Mullins, they and two or three others in the area were purchased by a large company out of Texas. They act like they are all separate and competing, however I think some collusion and price fixing is really what’s going on. (I have no proof, just my gut telling me something is off)

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typically both can be involved. Depends on how much pipe needs replaced. Most plumbers won’t pull cabinets and things like that.( also, you don’t want them doing it). When they are done replacing or leveling the line, you’ll most likely need flooring, drywall, paint, trim carpentry. I personally have not heard of them being able to level and adjust existing lines, but it might be possible. Any idea how many belly’s are in the line? Are the in the middle of rooms?

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typically both can be involved. Depends on how much pipe needs replaced. Most plumbers won’t pull cabinets and things like that.( also, you don’t want them doing it). When they are done replacing or leveling the line, you’ll most likely need flooring, drywall, paint, trim carpentry. I personally have not heard of them being able to level and adjust existing lines, but it might be possible. Any idea how many belly’s are in the line? Are the in the middle of rooms?
I am not sure how many belly’s are on the line, however the way he described it was not good. He indicated it was a mish mash of lines running all over. The line that he was scoping was almost dead center in the house foundation.
I cannot imagine how one would begin to repair/replace them? It almost sounds impossible to do it correctly,
We may just invest in our own jetter :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom