Plumbing Help 2023 - Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My house was built in ‘56. Fortunately it’s on a crawl space. I bought a small commercial drain machine and every 5-6 years I have to go under the house and run the pipes. That’s the way it is, no low spots, it just builds up. I’m not sure of the layout at your house. Suggestion, not sure if it would work- install a clean out and use a 3” blade and go from the outside toward the clogs up under the house. You might get lucky and knock everything loose. Rent a drain machine and if it works, buy one. Just a thought….

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My house was built in ‘56. Fortunately it’s on a crawl space. I bought a small commercial drain machine and every 5-6 years I have to go under the house and run the pipes. That’s the way it is, no low spots, it just builds up. I’m not sure of the layout at your house. Suggestion, not sure if it would work- install a clean out and use a 3” blade and go from the outside toward the clogs up under the house. You might get lucky and knock everything loose. Rent a drain machine and if it works, buy one. Just a thought….
That is pretty much what the plumber suggested. Through the 3” clean out with a jetter. Because of the belly’s he stated the build up needs to be pushed out as the grade will not allow it to go on its own. I am hoping we can get it done and then revisit every couple of years.
I am trying to wrap my mind ($$$) around what is involved with fixing/replacing the lines for a permanent solution. How do builders/inspectors get away with doing and approving this kind of lousy work? No one seems to be help accountable (other than the homeowner)

See photo below. His camera pushed through the gunk on the lower left and allowed the water to start passing again.
7A177CDD-7FB0-4F62-BD39-D4BF13217B75.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trouble is you move one and you have to move them all or you could wind up with others running up hill. If the problem is just under the one toilet it's a fairly simple fix just to break out around that one and raise/level line. Use a shallow bolt on cast iron repair flange and You can raise a it quite a bit.You could even conceivably wind up running a line all the way out to main or at least where it drops down if you try to move it all. might be easier faster cheaper to just Remove ell under toilet cap that old line. And run a new line out back of house and tie on to line in yard

Latest posts

Top Bottom