Plumbing Help 2023 - Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might consider buying a pressure washer and the jet house and DIY. Do this twice (maybe 3x) and you'd save paying a plumber what you'd pay for the equipment. Just a thought.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might consider buying a pressure washer and the jet house and DIY. Do this twice (maybe 3x) and you'd save paying a plumber what you'd pay for the equipment. Just a thought.
I thought of that. However with my proclivity to making things worse when I get outside of my wheelhouse, has me thinking otherwise 😂

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our house was built in the late '70s, and we have owned it for 17 years this month. Twice a year we have a drain in our garage that needs to be cleared. At the suggestion from a licensed plumber, we purchased a attachment from Home Depot that goes on a garden hose. It's basically a bladder with a pin hole in the end. You insert the hose as far into the pipe as possible, then slowly turn up the water pressure, then the bladder expands and water jets thru the pin hole. I've found that pushing it as far as it will go, turn water on, run it for a minute, shut the water off, then push the hose in further, and repeat.
I think the thing was less than $10.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trouble is you move one and you have to move them all or you could wind up with others running up hill. If the problem is just under the one toilet it's a fairly simple fix just to break out around that one and raise/level line. Use a shallow bolt on cast iron repair flange and You can raise a it quite a bit.You could even conceivably wind up running a line all the way out to main or at least where it drops down if you try to move it all. might be easier faster cheaper to just Remove ell under toilet cap that old line. And run a new line out back of house and tie on to line in yard
You're hired!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if periodic treatments of microbes in toilet after clearing line like for septic systems would be beneficial in slowing the build-up or not.
It's not a contained system like a septic tank. Too many flushes and showers if the line has branches.

You might do some research as to a periodic treatment of some kick ass chemical that dissolves the stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom