Plumbing Help 2023 - Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might consider buying a pressure washer and the jet house and DIY. Do this twice (maybe 3x) and you'd save paying a plumber what you'd pay for the equipment. Just a thought.
You're hired!
Sorry quit the plumbing business about 20years ago. Too much work,too much cold and heat,and too much crawling around for my old fat body.lol

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you determine who can jet that for you, have them run their cameras down it again. If it's got a low spot you'll have water standing that i don't see in your picture. What I do see is simply grease built up inline.grease of course floats on top of water and clogs line from top down over time. If your dishwashing person pours grease and things down the garbage disposal this is the result. See it every day in restaurants that's why they have grease traps. Drink machine lines are the worst. You say your toilet flushes slow but is not stopped up?That's because you only have a small opening clear that you can see in picture.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you determine who can jet that for you, have them run their cameras down it again. If it's got a low spot you'll have water standing that i don't see in your picture. What I do see is simply grease built up inline.grease of course floats on top of water and clogs line from top down over time. If your dishwashing person pours grease and things down the garbage disposal this is the result. See it every day in restaurants that's why they have grease traps. Drink machine lines are the worst. You say your toilet flushes slow but is not stopped up?That's because you only have a small opening clear that you can see in picture.
And one other thing unless person who jets your line has extremely hot water it won't wash this out regardless of what your plumber says. It will simply follow hole in pipe and cold water won't melt this.steam clean may. You need to break it up mechanically first then jet out the Chunks/residue. The reason it builds up downstream from your sink like this is because when greasy water hits the larger line it slows. I would just about bet a dollar that your sink drains slower than it used to also. sink line probably ties into main drain near there. Or ties in under toilet with a heel or side outlet tee..we used to clean and jet lines commercially when I was plumbing for 20 years.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great information. I will have the camera ran again to verify the belly’s exist. I do not think that we have been pouring grease down the sink, however I will make sure to remind all not to do so,

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might not be pouring it down but if you eat a lot of fried foods and things it just naturally builds up over the years. Just something to check on before you do a lot of tearing out of stuff. Quite honestly those old lines can be pretty bad and still work well

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might not be pouring it down but if you eat a lot of fried foods and things it just naturally builds up over the years. Just something to check on before you do a lot of tearing out of stuff. Quite honestly those old lines can be pretty bad and still work well
Indeed. Thank you for the advice. I talked with my wife and she has been occasionally pooping grease down the drain… No more of that for sure.

*pooping = pouring 😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom