Plumbing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have any problems with removal of screw-off ring nuts or such, use WD-40. For some reason it works and even plumbers can't figure it out why it does. Spray it on, wait a bit and remove whatever is offending you-aside from Grouchy. Do you always wake up Grouchy or does he beat you up?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, it's a Delta single handle faucet like this one:

https://faucetlist.com/products/del...212v?msclkid=41fa8bfdd90618fad457d05f05ab422c

I honestly think I can handle it -- haha! Aren't I punny. :rollingla

Anyway, I am gonna give it a whirl on Monday. Too much other stuff going on tomorrow and Friday and NO WAY am I gonna risk having to call a plumber out on the weekend. That way if I screw the pooch I have plenty of time to get with a plumber and have him fix my screw up.

Grumpy and I changed the faucet in the kitchen together several years ago. Never again. I'll just do it myself. Of course, knowing him that is EXACTLY the result he was after. He's such a gurl. :rolleyes2

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, it's a Delta single handle faucet like this one:

https://faucetlist.com/products/del...212v?msclkid=41fa8bfdd90618fad457d05f05ab422c

I honestly think I can handle it -- haha! Aren't I punny. :rollingla

Anyway, I am gonna give it a whirl on Monday. Too much other stuff going on tomorrow and Friday and NO WAY am I gonna risk having to call a plumber out on the weekend. That way if I screw the pooch I have plenty of time to get with a plumber and have him fix my screw up.

Grumpy and I changed the faucet in the kitchen together several years ago. Never again. I'll just do it myself. Of course, knowing him that is EXACTLY the result he was after. He's such a gurl. :rolleyes2

There are 2 different cartridges for that faucet. Blue bottom is made before 2005. Grey bottom is 2006 and later. They will not interchange. Those cartridge will twist apart. Inside, you'll find 2 'buttons and springs'. IF the metal face that those 'buttons' slide on have no markings or grooves, sometimes you can get away with just installing new buttons.

A word of caution.....do not break or strip the brass nut that secures the cartridge. The big box stores, or most hardware stores, don't stock that part.

Good luck!! You can doooo eet!

Latest posts

Top Bottom