Poachers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I listened to the Channel 4 news last nite and this morning about the poachers in SW Oklahoma near Saddle Mountain. Reports say they killed 2 Elk, harvested 1 and left the other. This really ticked me off, I live in NW Oklahoma and hunt on land that my Dad owns in this area. My son and I just spent 4 days down there for the Elk hunt (Oct. 12 thru 15). Why do people behave like idiots! My son would have been happy to harvest either one of these animals during season but the a$$holes kill them days latter. Makes no sense.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw just yesterday on facebook a guy shot a decent buck with a bow and took only the head. Left the deer to rot. They caught up with him and he will have to pay $3000 in restitution plus his fines and court costs. It's happening far too often and if they really want this stuff to stop it needs to be $10,000 and some mandatory jail time. It's nothing more than an expensive traffic ticket anymore. If it meant actually hurting ones bank account in a significant way it might become a deterrent once again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom