1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pocket 380's

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by dlmcm, Jul 3, 2018.

1. dlmcm

dlmcm Retired & Enjoying Life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Feeling the need for one of these. What do you have? Why did you choose that? Thanks

2. deerwhacker444

deerwhacker444 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Currently have the LCPII. Also had an LCP Custom and an LCP Gen 1 before that.

It's super lightweight, thin, fits in the front pocket. They're definitely not a beginners pistol, they recoil a bit for their size and the sight radius is short. But for what it is, it's hard to beat for $289. Regular LCP can be had for $199.

3. Backstrap

Backstrap Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I’ve carried a Diamondback DB380 for years. Picked it up on sale at Academy Sports thinking it would be a tool box gun, but discovered it just disappears in a DeSantis holster in the back pocket of any pants I wear so it stays on me all the time. Goes bang first time at the range. I carry a bigger gun when feasible, but as they say the best carry gun is the gun you’ll carry.

4. indi

indi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    2x Sig Sauer P238s. I liked the idea of the little 1911, plus I got a good deal on em. Bought the first one for $380, the 2nd an HD model for $425. Both were bought used, they looked like new, about 200 rounds fired is what the old owners said. On the older models after about 200 rounds the recoil spring would get damaged and the slide would stay out of battery about every shot. One call to Sig gets you the upgraded recoil spring which is covered under the warranty. Gun has been 100% reliable since. When I bought the 2nd one, the HD model, I took the gun apart and saw the recoil spring was damaged, I didn’t point it out, just asked if $475 was the lowest he would go and without hesitation the guy says $425. Cool $50 off for asking.... he probably felt bad for selling me what he thought was a lemon.

p238shooter likes this.
  5. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Love my LCPII. It's tiny and snappy. But a good shooter and reliable. The difference in the trigger is well worth the difference in price over the standard LCP.

deerwhacker444 likes this.
  6. 1911master

1911master Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I usually have the LCP or Kahr 380s. Longer trigger pull doesn't really bother me, especially something being drawn from my front pocket.

dlmcm likes this.
  7. surjimmy

surjimmy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Colt Pony, size of a Mustang. DA only, and the Kimber Micro 380 extended mags work perfect.

8. CharlieWH2O

CharlieWH2O Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    dlmcm likes this.
  9. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    P238
    Bersa
    LCP

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  10. rawhide

rawhide Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The only .380 I have is Kahr CT that I picked up because I wanted a pocket pistol and it is inexpensive. Ran about 200 rounds through it. Shoots fine but the slide is stiff. Pocket carries easily in a Desantis holster, but I don't carry it often.