Pocket pistol or real mans gun???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood pocket carry. It's not a fast draw by any means, and like a lot of others I have my EDC knife in my strong side pocket, which adds to the difficulty of drawing.

I'll take either a single stack or mid size 9 on my 3 o'clock IWB over pocket any day.

I usually go around with my hands in my pockets anyway, so pocket carry works for me. I seldom carry a knife, but if I do, it’s usually clipped to my belt.

To each his or her own.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpeg
The reality of the situation is that 99.2% of you guys could go out of the house every single day of your life with an unloaded firearm and it won't matter. Because in you're entire lifetime you'll never fire a single round out of that gun at another human being in a self defense situation. But if it makes you feel better keep that bullet in your pocket just in case. That's real talk dog!

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
686+.jpg
Smallest gun I own is commander sized 1911's. Lately I have been carrying a 686+ with 3 inch barrel a lot. Must be the cooler weather. I have never carried a gun in my pocket. Have carried jframe in ankle rig as second gun back in my uniform wearing days.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My .380 mouse gun with Corbon +P is just fine for me. It’s like putting your wallet into your back pocket every morning while getting dressed.
It’s not a range gun. It’s a belly gun made to be used when stupid bubba wants to give grevious bodily harm at the bus stop or ATM.
It never leaves my pocket, even when mowing, cleaning the pool, on the tractor or whatever.
It’s to buy me time to get to some real firepower either in the vehicle, home or shop.
If out and about, it’s still in the pocket with something bigger CC.
Mouse guns were never designed to be a primary weapon, only as a backup or deep conceal.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone that is solely pocket carrying, tried to get some training in FOF/CQC situations? Kinda hard to go digging in your pockets when you are in any other position other than standing up straight... IMO. No way I'd walk around with my hands in my pockets either.... due to the same considerations.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone that is solely pocket carrying, tried to get some training in FOF/CQC situations? Kinda hard to go digging in your pockets when you are in any other position other than standing up straight... IMO. No way I'd walk around with my hands in my pockets either.... due to the same considerations.

Is this you?

3D8D3171-C9AE-4111-84D4-F5B676CA29E3.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom