POF Patriot Ordinance - Rogue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been contemplating a 308 AR again. I have had a couple but they were so dang heavy, I traded them. The new POF Rogue is a 308 in a AR15 weight class at just under 6lbs. They have a slighly higher priced version which comes with an adjustable gas block and few other niceties

Anyone have experience with this rifle?

Here is a link to COPS website, they have them available
https://copsgunshop.net/shop/pof-usa-patriot-ordnance-factory-rogue-308/

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good. I wish they would have SBNed the barrel, but maybe you can't do that to SS. I would also opt for a more efficient muzzle brake due to the light weight of the rifle.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Number one reason I will never own a POF (again) is because outside of the fire-control group, almost none of their parts are compatible with AR10 or AR308 based platforms (Armalite/DPMS). Most of their platform is proprietary.

^ This...unless you want to buy a full set of replacement parts at the same time you buy your rifle.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, so I'll play along like you are and give the customary, half-hearted "lol".
Don’t care what you give me, the fact is the ar10
Platform is not robust enough for 7.62. Its a big reason no military used it as a main battle rifle. Limited life span. Even the well regarded knights 7.62s are niche guns for our elite

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t care what you give me, the fact is the ar10
Platform is not robust enough for 7.62. Its a big reason no military used it as a main battle rifle. Limited life span. Even the well regarded knights 7.62s are niche guns for our elite

Well crap, I guess I'll have to give up the large frame ARs then for day and night hunting...especially night hunting where I'm throwing rounds at multiple hogs. I had grown so accustomed to ease of accuracy, simple process to customization, good optics mounting, availability of aftermarket support, and solid ergonomics of the large frame AR...silly me.

Battle rifle? I guess we can leave out the FAL and G3 if we want to talk superiority of durability then. Not to mention that the transition to 5.56 (for multiple reasons) pretty much put the nail in the coffin for any widespread use of any battle rifle.

Good thing our military knows better, and is still using the M21 and DMR version if the M14...oh, wait... Guess we'll leave out the M110, HK417, L129A1 (Brits) etc...

This isn't to crap on the M1A. The M14 seved well for it's very limited lifespan. It even made a comeback for a bit when we found ourselves in need of a 7.62x51, and not enough large frame AR platforms in inventory during the global war on terror. Now that supply has caught up a bit I'm sure that all of the tier one and line units are still using M14 based...oh, wait... Nevermind.

I personally have always wanted a "quality" (USGI parts, not cast parts from overseas) M1A myself. I see the allure of the lines of a well put together national match M1A, and I even shot against a few in a couple high level service rifle matches back when I was still in (no M1A shooters made it to the podium BTW). Just because I like the way something looks though doesn't mean I get caught up on all the benefits of a more modern platform.

The fact that I have put together two large frame ARs that have shot MOA (five shot groups) with hunting bullets (150 SST and 130 TTSX) and virtually zero load development speaks to accuracy that just isn't there with the old legacy girl...not that the M1A can't be fairly accurate...it just usually isn't as accurate. Couple that with the ease for me to put my thermal and sling mounts where I want and the M1A becomes a range toy. That is niche.