Point don't shoot bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fully expected to be judged and second guessed fr my actions because well, that's what we do here. I'm OK with my decisions and actions though and law enforcement seemed to be as well. Unfortunately I'm not a highly skilled tactical operator in this theater with cat like reflexes and infallible decision making capabilities so I just have to go with my gut and make the best decisions I can under the circumstances and from the viewpoint of a reasonable person.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fully expected to be judged and second guessed fr my actions because well, that's what we do here. I'm OK with my decisions and actions though and law enforcement seemed to be as well. Unfortunately I'm not a highly skilled tactical operator in this theater with cat like reflexes and infallible decision making capabilities so I just have to go with my gut and make the best decisions I can under the circumstances and from the viewpoint of a reasonable person.

Oh, for sure. I'm truly glad it all worked out, even if I think I would've handled it differently.

If anything your case additionally proves we don't need more laws, because you weren't charged.

It's also a good case to analyze for the draw/wait crowd or the don't draw until you must shoot crowd.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
+1 ^^^^^^ Here, I got this for your rusty trap.....

www.stashsafewarehouse.com_assets_images_products_cansafes3_images_lr_silicone_spray.gif

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... in reality changes nothing other than legislating common sense IMHO.
If sense were in fact common there would be no need to legislate it.

I still think this has the potential to result in more shootings. Example: An inexperienced gunowner draws without intent to shoot, another who sees the first as an imminent threat draws and fires. Aside from the obvious result of someone being injured or killed, it also provides something for the antis to point at as another reason to eliminate citizen carry. Sorry, but aside from being completely unnecessary this thing has hair all over it.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If sense were in fact common there would be no need to legislate it.

I still think this has the potential to result in more shootings. Example: An inexperienced gunowner draws without intent to shoot, another who sees the first as an imminent threat draws and fires. Aside from the obvious result of someone being injured or killed, it also provides something for the antis to point at as another reason to eliminate citizen carry. Sorry, but aside from being completely unnecessary this thing has hair all over it.
And the second person would go to jail; his use of force wasn't justified.

That's why you don't intervene in situations in which you don't have all of the facts.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're assuming the first individual was justified in drawing and wasn't waving his gun around and/or pointing it in the direction of the second person. There are already enough variables on the books, we don't need more.
Sorry, I was referring to the second person to draw; I guess he's the third in the example. I should have been more clear. Mea culpa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom