Point of Impact Shift with the Can

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am shooting an HTG Eris .223 suppressor on my AR, but it seems that the point of impact is noticably different when compared to shots w/o the can on. Is this normal? Is there something that could be done to correct or coordinate the points of impact? Thanks.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is totally normal. Some cans shift more than others, but at the end of the day, you are hanging a pound or so of weight at the end of the barrel. some cans are designed to either correct for it or at least make it more repeatable. My NT4 and Ranger II shift POI about 4 inches low at 100 yards from my 10 inch barrels. My dad has a 16 inch Larue Stealth, and his Ranger II actually shifts impacts up a couple of inches. He has a Remington 700 with a 24 inch barrel and his Ranger II shifts POI down about two inches.

As long as it is all repeatable, you can either zero for it or correct it with 'kentucky windage.'

Rob

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most well designed suppressors will increase accuracy, but the point of impact may have shifted. The group may be tighter, but a few inches from where it would be without the suppressor. If it is repeatable, it is a good thing.

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom