Police officer found guilty of murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://apple.news/ABhSwf_LqQAuY1zl0Pnn4Jg

There may be a thread for this but I didn’t see it. I don’t remember a whole lot about this. I watched the video of the shooting and I gotta say that I thought the cop was justified. Do I think he should have continued to fire while the suspect went down? No. He shot hom 16 times. Most of those were while the suspect was on the ground. I keep going back to what the police officers lawyer said. He said that the suspect was responsible for his own death because he refused to obey the officers commands. Yet again we have a black guy who will not listen to police commands. What’s worse is this particular guy had a knife and would not drop it. I guess the police are just supposed to let him go. I feel so bad for police officers. I can’t believe I was considering trying to become one. I have so much respect for good police officers. They are constantly in danger and the piece of crap media and the left treat them like they are the criminals and they treat the criminals like they are saints. This guy in this case that was killed was a thug that broke the law and would not obey the officers. I say he got what he deserved. Now his family is $5 million richer because they sued the city of Chicago and won a settlement. So I’m sure they are happy right now. Only in America can a thug criminal get shot and killed by police because he was holding a knife and wouldn’t surrender and his family sues the city and wins millions of dollars. Blows my mind. And notice the story. It starts off by making sure and let you know that the officer was a white cop that killed a black guy. And as usual the blacks have to protest and go ape. I wonder where they would be if a black officer shot and killed a white unarmed teen? We all know where they would be. It sure wouldn’t be out protesting. They would probably be happy. These kinds of people sicken me. I am so sick and tired of these people ruining our nation. I know they have a right to protest. That’s not my issue. It’s the fact that they are only doing it for show. They don’t give a crap about the people killed. It gives them an excuse to riot and loot and bash police and white people. I saw one of the signs that read “the whole system is guilty”. That’s the attitude of a lot of blacks. Really is sad. I’m sure these same blacks support the democrats too. They bash cops and white people all the while they are still slaves to the evil “white man”. And by that I mean the democrats. I pray for all you who are officers on this forum. God bless you.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I give the police the edge on most issues but this clip shows no one in danger. He was walking away from the police not towards them and was shot 16 times!! Maybe there is more to the story but the video shows extreme excessive force on a person no where near anyone ! Where was the immanent threat to anyone.
The police should exhaust all alternatives before pulling the trigger. The police have a moral obligation to set the standard just by the position of authority they have chosen as a profession. The police are human and I get "heat of the moment" but 16 shots I do not!!
I absolutely agree that police have a **** job but nobody forced them to become law enforcement!

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like Jerome Ersland.

Yes, when he's no longer an active threat to you, you need to stop shooting. Yes, even if you have a blue suit and a shiny tin star.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to agree with the other two here. Once the guy was on the ground, the cop should have stopped shooting. Anything more was excessive force, and the jury saw it that way.

If the cop had dropped the guy with a couple shots and then covered him while someone else disarmed him, the encounter probably would only have been a story in the local news. Sixteen times? National headline.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who was there, and from what I gather, most of those patrolmen Up there are very poorly trained as to what is a proper application of deadly force and not borne of any malice

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who was there, and from what I gather, most of those patrolmen Up there are very poorly trained as to what is a proper application of deadly force and not borne of any malice
That’s a shame. I don’t care what department it is or where it is. All cops should be trained heavily on this subject and others as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looked like a bad shoot to me from the git go. A bean bag round or two from a shotgun would have taken him down and the situation would have been resolved.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only way to stop these things from happening is if people would take orders from a cop, especially if they have a gun pointed at you... Not saying this is justified or right by any means, but many officers are overworked underpaid,and under trained due to lack of resources. They are put in situations in which they fear for their lives or public safety. Then they are expected to make a split second decision in the situation in which the whole world will judge based off a video in slow motion that shows no context. If they are white, they are called racist, if they are black they are called uncle toms. Impossible job in a degradating society.

Bottom line: take orders, don’t die, fight in court.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only way to stop these things from happening is if people would take orders from a cop, especially if they have a gun pointed at you... Not saying this is justified or right by any means, but many officers are overworked underpaid,and under trained due to lack of resources. They are put in situations in which they fear for their lives or public safety. Then they are expected to make a split second decision in the situation in which the whole world will judge based off a video in slow motion that shows no context. If they are white, they are called racist, if they are black they are called uncle toms. Impossible job in a degradating society.

I generally agree because almost all Police are not violent criminals...This POS is the exception.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You win. Mods please lock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom