Polishing a Revolver???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Flitz is what I used on the S&W 586 with Nickle finish I owned. Worked pretty well. On stainless I’d use Mothers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to polish some airplane parts back in the day. There were two approved products. A Boeing polish and Simichrome. Honestly I'm pretty sure they were the same product in two different containers. The instructions say to use sparingly. They mean that ****. Used properly it's just hard to get a higher shine. One tube goes a long long ways. Fun fact: It's works great on plexiglass too.

BlindOne

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All...

Age old question, polish or not??

What I'm wondering about is Stainless and Nickle finish revolvers. Do you polish them?
If so ....with what?

I'm looking for something to shine up some revolvers BUT they don't have to have a mirror finish. Just something to shine them up a little.

NO -buffer...NO-dremel tool!!! Just a little wipe on..let it dry...wipe off.

What I DON'T want to happen is scratches and swirls from abrasion. Over time a wearing down of anything so much so that it's noticeable.

Mother's Mag Wheel Cleaner? Flitz? What to stay away from? What to use..or just leave my guns alone?

I know wax....Renaissance Wax is just protection. Just something to give my stainless and nickel a little ....I mean little extra shine.

Thanks.
I use Flitz

Latest posts

Top Bottom