Political mailings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In addition to the usual candidate mailings, this year I’m getting a lot of mailings that just tell me how evil people are, for example Governor Stitt. I get at least one a week on his evils. But the thing that is different is they are not promoting any candidate, just telling me how bad he is. I’ve gotten some of those on my state senator Brenda Staley too.

They always say they are paid for by some place like “Oklahomans for order” or some other non profit.

Is this that ”dark money” I keep hearing about?

Yes I know I could search on the interwebnet, but I’d rather chat with you fellas.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I get those I automatically see them as "never trumpers". As in, Don't vote for this guy, anybody but this guy! They get no credibility with me. And yes, these no-name "Oklahomans for Better Futures and Good Times" style groups are dark money, usually out of state.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mailings have never convinced me to buy the product they're selling, whether it be a new roof, a new car, an extended warranty or a political idea/candidate.

It's like the telemarketer calls... Nothing will convince me more quickly that I'd never be interested in your product than an unsolicited telemarketing call. I would never spend money with any company that did that. Same with mailings.

If it's a company I do business with, that's different. I get service special mailings and coupons from my car care center or something like that then I'm possibly interested. But unsolicited bulls**t stuff goes right in the trash. Especially political stuff. I don't need, nor do I want, some unknown entity telling me what I should think or how I should vote.

OK... Pizza. I'd buy pizza. I'm weak that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom