Poll Added The Second – Once in a Lifetime OSA J.M. Davis Gun Museum Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which date(s) work for you?

• Total voters

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well group, I am not sure I am qualified for this so please be patient with me. As you may be aware the J.M. Davis Gun Museum, which is the largest privately owned Gun Museum in the country (I mean, that is pretty cool in itself, right) has just went through a remodel. A couple years ago our good friends dennishoddy and cowcatcher coordinated The First – “Once in a Lifetime J.M. Davis Gun Museum Tour” and as I hear, it was a great success. I can only hope to do as well. I suspect some of you have been there or heard negative things of the museum – maybe true, maybe not; however, for this to be successful, I invite you all to come with an open mind and heart; and, it is more than the guns, right; we all have guns – this is more about us, a community. So, if we have enough positive response I will move forward with a poll of available dates.

I know whatever date and whatever time we pick will not work for everyone; but I will do the best that I can do. I may ask for some volunteers for a few positions and may just appoint a position or two – fear not, I will walk with everyone as needed. My plan is posting some dates, that will work for me (after all I am coordinating this, if the date you want ain’t on the list and you want to coordinate it – it is all yours).

So here we go, if you are interested, let me see a show of hands and I will start the process – buckle yourself in and enjoy the ride.
👋

deroberts741

New to the site!
Reaction score
Well group, I am not sure I am qualified for this so please be patient with me. As you may be aware the J.M. Davis Gun Museum, which is the largest privately owned Gun Museum in the country (I mean, that is pretty cool in itself, right) has just went through a remodel. A couple years ago our good friends dennishoddy and cowcatcher coordinated The First – “Once in a Lifetime J.M. Davis Gun Museum Tour” and as I hear, it was a great success. I can only hope to do as well. I suspect some of you have been there or heard negative things of the museum – maybe true, maybe not; however, for this to be successful, I invite you all to come with an open mind and heart; and, it is more than the guns, right; we all have guns – this is more about us, a community. So, if we have enough positive response I will move forward with a poll of available dates.

I know whatever date and whatever time we pick will not work for everyone; but I will do the best that I can do. I may ask for some volunteers for a few positions and may just appoint a position or two – fear not, I will walk with everyone as needed. My plan is posting some dates, that will work for me (after all I am coordinating this, if the date you want ain’t on the list and you want to coordinate it – it is all yours).

So here we go, if you are interested, let me see a show of hands and I will start the process – buckle yourself in and enjoy the ride.
Count me in.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I would be interested

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone would like to see a "preview" of the J.M. Davis museum, check out the link below to see photos that I took at the first "eat and view" event. The one drawback of the images is that they way they placed the lighting for the display cases left me with reflections in the photos. I sincerely hope that their "redo" included moving the lights to the upper part of the display case and behind some kind of "shield" like the framing of the case.

J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone would like to see a "preview" of the J.M. Davis museum, check out the link below to see photos that I took at the first "eat and view" event. The one drawback of the images is that they way they placed the lighting for the display cases left me with reflections in the photos. I sincerely hope that their "redo" included moving the lights to the upper part of the display case and behind some kind of "shield" like the framing of the case.

J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum
Didn’t realize that is more than just guns. Knives, tack, and musical instruments. Impressive collection. I’m even more excited now to see it all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom