Poll Added The Second – Once in a Lifetime OSA J.M. Davis Gun Museum Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which date(s) work for you?

• Total voters

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you mean "Too late to request for 4/15"?

That the window has already closed for me to put in a request off for the 15th. Our work schedules are prepped about a month in advance. I do get some Saturdays off without requesting them --- you just never know.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, with the dates mentioned in the poll, it isn't likely that the wife and I will be able to attend. At present, we are supposed to head to South Carolina for our Summer work job company, and we will probably leave shortly after I get my next eye injection on April 12. All this provided something doesn't change with the work assignment, but I hate to say it, but I think I'd rather go see South Carolina than hang out with some old fogeys.

John R. Reist

Marksman
Reaction score
Well group, I am not sure I am qualified for this so please be patient with me. As you may be aware the J.M. Davis Gun Museum, which is the largest privately owned Gun Museum in the country (I mean, that is pretty cool in itself, right) has just went through a remodel. A couple years ago our good friends dennishoddy and cowcatcher coordinated The First – “Once in a Lifetime J.M. Davis Gun Museum Tour” and as I hear, it was a great success. I can only hope to do as well. I suspect some of you have been there or heard negative things of the museum – maybe true, maybe not; however, for this to be successful, I invite you all to come with an open mind and heart; and, it is more than the guns, right; we all have guns – this is more about us, a community. So, if we have enough positive response I will move forward with a poll of available dates.

I know whatever date and whatever time we pick will not work for everyone; but I will do the best that I can do. I may ask for some volunteers for a few positions and may just appoint a position or two – fear not, I will walk with everyone as needed. My plan is posting some dates, that will work for me (after all I am coordinating this, if the date you want ain’t on the list and you want to coordinate it – it is all yours).

So here we go, if you are interested, let me see a show of hands and I will start the process – buckle yourself in and enjoy the ride.
This sounds like a great idea! I'm only about 30min from Claremore. Say a date and I'm In!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t vote because one of the dates is a concert the wife and I have been waiting on for years. I’ll be in Dallas on the 13th. Was looking forward to meeting some people and seeing some others again. Y’all have a great time, wish I could make it.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the deal;

Eggbert's meet at 08:00 05/13/2023 for breakfast.

They do not take reservations on the weekends; but, "Kim" said she should be there and will try to make sure we get the room. One thing to consider is - we will be here for an hour and 45 minutes, the server will likely lose a few additional customers because of this, be as kind as possible.

900 S Lynn Riggs Blvd,
Claremore, OK 74017-8302
(918) 342-1233

J.M. Davis opens at 10:00 a.m. and closes at 5:00 p.m. They have us in their daily notes and will plan to have someone available to give us a brief history and answer any questions we may have and be available while we are there. She said the library is open and functional so bring anything you may want to look up and if you cannot find what you are looking for, they will assist.

The cost of the Museum is donation based, no obligations, but appreciated.

330 N J M Davis Blvd,
Claremore, OK 74017
(918) 341-5707

Latest posts

Top Bottom