Poll, Should Teachers Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger, unless you're saying that people around here vote for liberals? More importantly though, Oklahoma has never even been close to a front runner in education. Kinda shocked that you believe it's a secret.

I know we under pay our teachers, never said we did not. What you said was conservatives are doing this and I disagree on that point.
What we have is a bipartisan level of corruption in this state that is and has been out of control. We were told Lotto would fix the problem, gambling would fix the problem maps for kids.... On and on we have been mislead and flat lied to and know the state government is again holding out their hands asking us to give even more. I have no problem paying more taxes to pay our teachers and better our schools, problem I have is it will be mismanaged by the state agencies that do not hold themselves accountable to the taxpayer!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? Salt n pepper for your crow?

Straight from Joy Hofmeisters desk

http://sde.ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/documents/files/FY17 Salary Schedule Book_0.pdf
You can look at them all by district but this page says all I need to know.
70 O.S. § 18-114.14

A Doctors degree and one still has to work 10 years to break $40k. And we wonder why teachers are exiting the state in droves...

Where is your source for the living wage ?? Read this last night and it still falls in with living wage!!

Hourly Wages
Living Wage $10.491 Adult= @21819.2

$23.08 1 Adult 1 Child= 48006.4

Living wage is the part I argue with here, not whether or not our teachers make enough..... Living wage takes a lot of factors into account ,not 1 persons pay. Zip code, household members , dependent children number of incomes!!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is your source for the living wage ?? Read this last night and it still falls in with living wage!!

Hourly Wages
Living Wage $10.491 Adult= @21819.2

$23.08 1 Adult 1 Child= 48006.4

Living wage is the part I argue with here, not whether or not our teachers make enough..... Living wage takes a lot of factors into account ,not 1 persons pay. Zip code, household members , dependent children number of incomes!!!
Well what's the least you think you could live on or should have to live on after you completed the work and payed probably $150k for tuition to prepare you for a career?
I'm gonna bet $30k to start wouldn't do it.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For goodness sakes can we have a single thread on OSA that doesn't turn into teacher/public school bashing. How about we focus on the issue of the thread with an understanding that regardless of your opinion on teacher pay or quality we are at a crossroads in this country. How we respond may determine not just the safety of students & teachers but the very right to defend yourself and maintain a free republic.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well what's the least you think you could live on or should have to live on after you completed the work and payed probably $150k for tuition to prepare you for a career?
I'm gonna bet $30k to start wouldn't do it.

It is not a big secret that teachers do not get the best pay, they knew that going in and if they did not then shame on them!!
Having said that, I agree teachers should make more!! I know beyond any doubt I would be in jail if I had to put up with some of the parents, children, and admins that these teachers put up with!!! The unchecked corruption going on in this state is the only reason I will vote against any new taxes for the state until some one stands up and holds these "leaders" accountable. Step up Oklahoma just pissed me off , we have voted time and again to fix the school system and time and again what has been promised has not happened!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For goodness sakes can we have a single thread on OSA that doesn't turn into teacher/public school bashing. How about we focus on the issue of the thread with an understanding that regardless of your opinion on teacher pay or quality we are at a crossroads in this country. How we respond may determine not just the safety of students & teachers but the very right to defend yourself and maintain a free republic.

Fine!!!! :) At least it was still about teachers and not about Russians......Oh wait Never mind!!! So teacher and guns , carry on folks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom