Polymer 80 ~ Buyer Beware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks when things break.
On my first AR15 I wanted to build I searched and researched what was good and what was not so good.
I wanted something I built to last a lifetime if it could. And Polymer lowers were a Definite NO for the way my guns get used and hunted with.
So many times the rifles I use get dropped or bounce in the back of a truck or fall out of trees.

Hope you fix it or get the issue resolved.
If not go on and build another without the plastic stuff

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, I don't really see what there is to ***** about. Ya bought a project. Anyone who would put together something like this with the expectation that your getting the same pedigree of materials and craftsmanship as the real deal is nutz.

Personally if it was me.... I'd put my big girl panties on,.... slather some 2 part epoxy on it and try to enjoy it for what it meant to be.
If It were me I would chalk it up to lessons learned and then just order a new lower and switch the lower parts. There are a wide assortment of metal lowers from around $45 to whatever you want to spend. Basically I tried plastic didn't work, on to the next thing.

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, I don't really see what there is to ***** about. Ya bought a project. Anyone who would put together something like this with the expectation that your getting the same pedigree of materials and craftsmanship as the real deal is nutz.

Personally if it was me.... I'd put my big girl panties on,.... slather some 2 part epoxy on it and try to enjoy it for what it meant to be.
I think I would just attribute it to lessons learned, strip the plastic lower and order a metal one to rebuild the rifle. There are a lot of options for a metal lower starting around $45 and going up as much as you want to spend. If I didn't want to have a paper trail I would look for a private seller on arms list for the lower.

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is an old forum, but wondering how the warranty issue worked out for you? I did a frame and did exactly like they instructed and watched countless youtube videos on the subject but still ended up with holes not lined up properly and a trigger pin walking out! I haven't contacted the company yet, so just researching right now before pulling the trigger , No pun intended! Lol
It just showed up in my digest email today

mikehuntis4u

New to the site!
Reaction score
I’ve completed several of these and I’ve also looked at hundreds of people that work on these things with a chainsaw?

Mine came out perfectly fine, and they shoot perfectly fine with no problems whatsoever. But if you pull one out of the box without reading, anything on some of the forums and watching a few videos, then don’t be surprised when you screw one up beyond repair!

The people at Polymer80, have provided excellent support to me, and I can understand why they don’t warranty something that is a DIY project that not everybody in the world should be contemplating unless they can do attention to meticulous detail!

Latest posts

Top Bottom