Pond today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got in the canoe on the pond I dug out a couple of years ago and stocked with perch in anticipation of them breeding and providing bass food today. So far, only two bass have been stocked, as I only want females in there as they get the biggest as they age and don't want them to overpopulated and stunt their growth.
Used the fly rod today with a bead head pheasant tail midge, but honestly they were biting the little pinch on strike indicator as many times as they were the fly. I think an empty hook would have worked. Caught a lot of three inch perch. A LOT! Lol.
Occasionally hooked a fighter, and landed probably my best perch to date. Guessing 1/2 lb. Caught and released.
7f7bab67100724405d39aaa6d46198eb.jpg

72bb1e8a084e8327aabc14f84e67bec4.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Need to take the Taurus Judge the next time to dispense some "justice" on the water snakes. Good grief, for a little pond, there is way too many and one about 3' long thought the canoe was a place to get out and take a rest. Had to push it off with the paddle.
Lol, had to do that with a bull snake of all things last time I was on Skiatook. He was like "Dude! What did you do that for?" Weirdest reaction I've ever had form a snake when being shooed away! Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, had to do that with a bull snake of all things last time I was on Skiatook. He was like "Dude! What did you do that for?" Weirdest reaction I've ever had form a snake when being shooed away! Lol
I tube fished a lot back in the day. I found out from the "tube fishermen of Ok or some sort" at a tackle show that swatting one with the rod tip while in the tube puts it in panic mode and it will try to escape and come on the tube with you. They recommend gently pushing it away, and letting it go about its business. Right after that, I bought a .38 Davis Derringer and loaded it with rat/bird shot to put in the pocket of the tube. The Judge is going with me the next time as I don't have the .38 any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom