Ponds and lakes in "private" neighborhoods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a joke, you can get a ticket for fishing without a lic. I had the owner's permission but got a ticket from a game warden. That was a high-priced

If you hop a fence you didn’t build it’s called trespassing and if you then fish a pond on that property it’s called stealing making you an entitled thief. Might as well move to California and join the smash and grab crowd who are freezing stealing k owing they won’t get prosecuted. Who’s a think we’d have a bunch of woke entitled people here?
And we simply can't understand WHY we have FOOD DESERTS?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are you guys thoughts on people who stop on the side of the road and pet cows and horses that come up to the fence?

I’m sure some here think they should be shot.

I’m not one of those. The little girls down the street bring carrots over to the horses all the time. I give a ****, as long as they don’t leave the wrappers laying around. Even then, it’s a wrapper. Good God, if picking up a carrot bag gets me that fat twisted outa shape I must have things pretty good. Used to piss me off to have to pick up beer cans out of the ditch out front, but I grew up and figured out I’ve got it pretty good. I own a ditch, but I ain’t living in one. Little **** don’t bother me anymore. I enjoy life a lot more too.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sure some here think they should be shot.

I’m not one of those. The little girls down the street bring carrots over to the horses all the time. I give a ****, as long as they don’t leave the wrappers laying around. Even then, it’s a wrapper. Good God, if picking up a carrot bag gets me that fat twisted outa shape I must have things pretty good. Used to piss me off to have to pick up beer cans out of the ditch out front, but I grew up and figured out I’ve got it pretty good. I own a ditch, but I ain’t living in one. Little **** don’t bother me anymore. I enjoy life a lot more too.
I heard a very smart parson, that was over 100 say once, " we all have two choices every morning that we wake up! We can choose to be happy that day, or we can choose to be UN-happy that day, then we die!"

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the state fish hatchery here told us that if they stock a pond then we have to allow public access to it but if we pay for the fish then we didnt or if we used any state funds to build the pond had to. But that was years ago and things could have changed over time.

45 years ago my mom worked for the Soil Conservation Service, and her office/the government built and maintained watershed projects. I had access to every government built watershed in about 4 counties. I’d always ask permission from landowners, and unlike some folks here, no landowner ever turned me down. Not one.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i dunno, i get trash and stuff. but walking around just about *anywhere* outside on any trail with a bit of kicking around with reveal all sorts of old trash. there are bottles, can, etc all over.

i'm just saying, people left trash everywhere back in the day too. somehow we're all still here and everyone survived.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
absolutely not. like i said, so many more people who will do their damnedest to prevent YOU from fishing, but won't bother wetting a hook themselves.
NO ONE is trying to keep anyone from fishing! We are simply trying to keep them from VIOLATING OUR RIGHTS, AS PROPERTY OWNERS! I'll bet you think our IMMIGRATION LAWS are trying to prevent poor immergrants from moving to this country, RIGHT? If we become a nation RULED BY MEN, and what the few want, and not LAWS, we are already just like the Banana Rep[ublics just like these poor immigrants are fleeing, RIGHT? Then where do they go, to find a better life?

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a dick head.

People that won’t let their friends & neighbors fish and take their kids fishing should have a hard time getting into heaven.

Bunch a jerks.

And, I’m a land owner so all you indignant pricks spare me your indignation. Some people will take advantage and disrespect the land. Most don’t. Respectful sportsmen abound. We need to be building our sport not excluding people from it.
Yeah my thoughts exactly about the new owner. Sadly they don’t “own” the water just the land surrounding it and he can and will stop people from fishing just for the fact he owns the land. Doesn’t hunt, fish or run cattle just a straight up prick. By the way this spot is so overstocked it needs fished, every cast you would catch 2-3# bass at minimum, tons of nice crappie and perch too, I actually have a state record in my shop from this place.
Probably over ran by snakes now, that was another reason my friend let everyone fish. Kill the snakes so he didn’t have as much of a problem, lots of moccasins hang around the south east part.

I own land as well and I will let anyone fish, even put up ladders so they don’t open gates or tear my fence up getting to the creek.
As long as they don’t trash it they are welcome back. Since I have let people fish “my” part of the creek I can tell you it’s beer bottle, can and trash free… Go on down and look where people aren’t allowed and it’s trashed out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom