Poor Dick's Sporting Goods...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Against my better judgement I decided to give them a second chance when they opened up the store in BA. Nothing has changed, they still live up to their namesake.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people who make decisions about what firearms to sell and what not to sell won't be hurt one bit if Dick's fails. They're guaranteed their money. It's the employees who had nothing to do with the decision that will be hurt.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They opened up a store over in Ft Smith, AR a year or so ago. I actually just picked up three boxes of Tula .223 from there. Strangely though the store is usually empty, compared to the Academy a mile away which is usually packed full of people. I only stop by Dicks when my wife wants to go to Petco which is next door. I have been able to get a few boxes of ammo from them, but thats about it. I hadn't bought anything there prior to this ammo run, now i'll pretty much buy it anywhere if the price is right. Gotta be that way when I can only get one box a day at Academy.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check the last 6 months.
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:DKS

Actually, since Dick's made the announcement about removing "scary guns" from inventory on 12/18/2012...their stock price is up 7%.

The current stock price is just under 50$...the highest it's traded in the last year is 54$.

The major decline in stock price happened at the beginning of December...before the announcement and before the Newtown shooting.

green_machine2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I stopped by dicks on 71st in tulsa. looked at the guns(only one when I first walked up) and slowly walked away to see security harassed a guy that wanted to look at a shotgun. don't have full story but I hope they had a good reason. I almost got the same vibe I get when I walked into dongs. 'they know your not going to buy,so they give you the evil eye the whole time'. oh,well. and to sports world I went,spent money there instead.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by the Dick's in Broken Arrow shortly after they announced no more EBRs. A salesman in the gun dept said he couldn't see why anybody would need an AR in the first place.

I haven't been back. The employees sound as obtuse as the management.

In that case they can starve in a homeless shelter with corporate. That salesman sounds intelligent enough that he's lucky to have a job even at dicks. :)
I went to the west tulsa dicks when it first opened and found absolutely nothing price-wise that caught my attention. Their no-handgun sales didn't help either.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nothing against Dicks employees and hate for them to lose their jobs but I hope the corporate einsteins that made that decision starve in a homeless shelter somewhere. Serves them right.
Even though they've missed a lot of firearm related sales, its not too late to reverse their decision and maybe get on board with busness instead of liberal political correctness if they'll pull their heads out.

The CEO of Dick's (he built the company and completely runs it and made the decision) is a man named Edward Stack. He's a very conservative Republican. But, by all means, blame it on the libs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom