Portable generators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to get some info on a backup generator. I would like a dependable one but not break the bank. Thinking about 9000 to 11000 watt. I don't know if duel or try fuel would be best. Any input would be helpful

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to get some info on a backup generator. I would like a dependable one but not break the bank. Thinking about 9000 to 11000 watt. I don't know if duel or try fuel would be best. Any input would be helpful
If it was me I'd definitely try fuel...

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hondas has never let me down. The big ones we use and the small ones in sets.

As well as several Onan Propane ones that runs barns and working pens. But have been told the whole house ones are Generac.

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of such a thing, pretty darn cool. I always have enough gasoline between the 20+ gallons I rotate for the zero-turn and the three vehicles I could run my little 4500 watt for a loooooong time. That said I could see how if someone didn’t have a whole house genny that a dual fuel could come in handy b

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on how portable you want it. We have a Generac whole home generator on our house but I wanted a generator for my cabin. Rather than going with an actual generator, I elected to buy a portable welder with a 10,000kw generator output. I mounted it on a small 4x8 trailer that I can move around with my 4 wheeler. That way I have the welder when I need it but can set it at my cabin to use when I need it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely go at least dual fuel! I find it most convenient to leave the generator empty until I need it, then I hook up a 20 lb bottle of propane. No worries about gasoline going bad - the propane will last for years as long as you keep the bottle from rusting out. The output is reduced with propane, but imho, the fuel staying good far outweighs that con.

Latest posts

Top Bottom