Possible Duck Hunter Drowning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is really sad. Every time I get in my Seadoo speedster (boat, not PWC) I put on my life vest even though it's not legally required. I figure if I get thrown out of the boat I'll probably hit hard enough to possibly be temporarily unconscious and drown. It sounds like this would be good practice for hunters and their dogs as well. Drowning is a pretty horrific way to go. I feel bad for everyone involved. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is really sad. Every time I get in my Seadoo speedster (boat, not PWC) I put on my life vest even though it's not legally required. I figure if I get thrown out of the boat I'll probably hit hard enough to possibly be temporarily unconscious and drown. It sounds like this would be good practice for hunters and their dogs as well. Drowning is a pretty horrific way to go. I feel bad for everyone involved. :(
With duck hunters, and fishermen that fish in the winter, the problem is hypothermia. You have about 30 seconds to get out of the water after falling in, and get some dry clothes on.
We covered this topic with some good survival video's last year after the Country Western Singer and his buddy from Arkansas died on Kaw lake last year during a terrible storm that swamped their boat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom