Possum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m in east Norman. What area by the river are you referring to? I believe I read it’s illegal to release them onto private property, so just want to confirm I’m releasing them in the right spot. Would I be able to release out by lake Thunderbird? I have a live trap like in the pictures posted.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m in east Norman. What area by the river are you referring to? I believe I read it’s illegal to release them onto private property, so just want to confirm I’m releasing them in the right spot. Would I be able to release out by lake Thunderbird? I have a live trap like in the pictures posted.
@makeithappen
Can you make it happen when he catches the oppossum?

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gamo Swarm pellet gun. Not loud enough to attract a lot of attention and effective. I’ve have gotten a few dillos rearranging flower beds and possums trying to get neighbors pet ducks. Get the one with the 10 pellet “auto” reloaded to save some time

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m in east Norman.
If you’re on an acreage, just pop it with a .22. If you’re in a neighborhood, it depends on your neighbors, but a single .22 shot is probably not going to be noticed by anyone if it happens somewhere not in public view.

You could always do a variation on what my grandpa did. Take the trap and drop it in a trash can full of water (he did it with a pond and a tow sack).

ETA: I’ve dispatched many coons and possums in east Norman over the years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom