Possum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor up the road from me lost 4 chickens to a possum.
He finally dispatched it one night when he heard his chickens raising hell he went out with a 22 and sent it to Valhalla or wherever possums go once dead.
I buy fresh eggs from him, have for years.
Glad he got the critter, it was messing with my egg supply.
I gave him 200 rounds of 22 for his rifle and told him to keep protecting my egg supply.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know possums ate.chickens till I lost one, bastard was still in the coop. Filleted the meat off him and marinated and made possum asada tacos, not bad but a little dry. In Seattle I used these to good effect on raccoons and possums that got near my chickens, but they defunded the police there so ymmv. Generally most people will write off a single shot as a backfire.

1678914147564.png

Last edited:

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you have privacy fence all around, a .22 will do it,, CCI sells 3 types of Quiet ammo, in .22LR, one is very slow 40gr @710 fps,,its for revolvers and manually operated rifles,then for the folks worried about over penetration there is the Quiet Segmented 40gr @ 710 fps, and then there is the CCI quiet semi-auto .22 45gr @ 835 fps,, it will cycle most .22 pistols and rifles,,i have fired a couple inside my house to verify my old rifle will cycle them and its not loud at all, like a pump up air rifle,,outside even less noise,all 3 of these Quiet ammo are usually accurate at close range,but past 25 yards not so much,and the power drops off too..,,if its before 10 pm,,( in most place thats when disturbing the peace begins),,u can turn on a radio outside and no one will hear the gun shot..take a cardboard box,, remove all shipping labels, put dead animal inside ,use good duct tape all around ,put box in trash can, problem solved and gone..a machete will work on possums as they will stay still, just hit the side of neck to cut open veins and they will bleed out,,racoons and other varmits will just have to be shot on the move..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom