Possum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
take a cardboard box,, remove all shipping labels, put dead animal inside use good duct tape all around ,put box in trash can, problem solved and gone..
Better yet, wrap it up in a plastic bag, put it in an Amazon box with the labels intact, and leave it out front for the porch pirates...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned the fact that if you do choot em, be sure and check its pouch for younguns.

A female possum could have a half dozen or so babies in there. Then you gotta deal with them too. Luckily, the ol shovel trick DOES work on the kids! :thumb:
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and the coffee mug.

And I can tell you that young possums are exceptional swimmers. I guess that's why Grandpa used a tow sack...

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a big rat- hard to thin out- I once had one get into the garage and find a bag of rat pellets that went into a container so the cats and dogs couldn't get to it but the rats can. He ate the bag and even pooped the green color pellets out- still running around a little crazy though. That's when I decided to just keep my 22 ready.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did that with a sick hamster once and put it back in the cage. Sadly Oreo died in the middle of the night of an unknown disease and the kids were sad. Yes, I was a horrible parent.
Growing up down in the Ozarks in the 40's/ 50's, my parents had lots of feed around, a grade B Dairy, brood sows, and two commerical chicken houses. Needless to say this attracted lots of rats, to our house that was to close to all these other things! They likely didn't have the money to hire exterminators, so they would close the house up tight, connect a hose to the exhaust of a vehicles, and put the hose under the house, run the vehicle a while, then we would all leave, and spend the night elsewhere, I think? This did the trick the house had to be aired out good, but the cats are good for a while!

Latest posts

Top Bottom