Post a song from your favorite Oklahoma artist, here’s one of mine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about Three Dog Night?? “Never been to heaven but I’ve been to Oklahoma”. There are far too many good songs from okie artists for me to choose just one. One of my favorites is from Garth. I’m much to young to feel this dang old.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What about Three Dog Night?? “Never been to heaven but I’ve been to Oklahoma”.
The original author and a true Okie. Hoyt Axton!

I got to see him live one time back in the '80s here in Shawnee. It was a big bash the city was putting on with bbq, beer, and music all free. Hoyt put on a great show.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 1984 Sun Refinery had a total turnaround, the entire refinery shut down at once, the only time they ever did that. I was in fire and safety, and was assigned three process units to work safey during this turnarounfd, that lasted over three months. I worked over 100, 12 hr. days in a row. The contract tool trailer operator on these units was Carl Belew from Salina, OK. Carl was a very famous song writer/ singer back in the 50's, and 60's, with many hit songs including Lonely Street, recorded by Patsey Cline, and Andy Williams! I got well acquainted with Carl, and spent many hours visiting with him during this ordeal! He had some great stories on the evils of being a slave to fame, and money!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The original author and a true Okie. Hoyt Axton!

I got to see him live one time back in the '80s here in Shawnee. It was a big bash the city was putting on with bbq, beer, and music all free. Hoyt put on a great show.

That’s it, Never been to Spain. We forgot that’s what it said. Great ain’t though. I never say Hoyt but I did get to see Three Dog Night sing it. They put on a great show.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Top Bottom