Post a song from your favorite Oklahoma artist, here’s one of mine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was funny...the title says Oklahoma singers...and the OP mentions Merle Haggard. Forgivable, though cuz I love me some Merle. And Joe Diffie...and so many others on the list of native Oklahoman country singers. If you don't at least get a little choked up listening to Patty Loveless and Vince Gill singing together at GJ's funeral, you don't have a soul.

I'd go so far as to say that is the finest musical moment ever.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas born, sure. Did a daily radio show live from Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa for years and years (1935-1942). So, adopted son. And Faded Love is the official state fiddle song of Oklahoma.
Oh, no doubt. My father in law was a Texas swing fan all his life, so we listened to Bob Wills all the time. I also remember my father telling me about how he got into a fight, kicked out of and lost his leather jacket (it was the 1950s, ya know) at the Cain's Ballroom at a Bob Wills concert. Did they call em 'concerts' back then?

As for Corgi's post about Vince Gill and Patty Loveless, yeah...I definitely teared up too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom