Post your favorite meat rubs (not that kind RickN)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything from Kosmos is pretty good. Killer Honey Bee is my go to for smoking chicken. Also quite good on ribs and pork shoulder. Their SPC is a staple for grilling steaks and burgers.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cause there is something dead wrong about a man who will not rub his own meat..... The sicko!! :bolt: :cool:
It is usually better if someone else handles your meat for you, Unlike you guys, I prefer women. :P

bbq-goals.jpg

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True story. I smoked brisket one time and was all out of rub and didn’t want to make a new batch so I used a 50/50 mixture of coarse ground pepper and sea salt.
It was the best I’d ever made. Still to this day.
I’m too scared it won’t be any good to try it again

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the special rub I do myself.
I mix this batch up and it will last me a while.

2 cups paprika
1/4 cup kosher salt, finely ground
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons mustard powder
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup ground cumin
2 tablespoons ground black 8pepper
1/4 cup granulated garlic
2 tablespoons cayenne

Here are the ribs I smoked today. So Yummy!!!

1656820298496.png

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I’ve experimented a little with and want to more is smoking seasonings. Last time I smoked meat I also put in a pan of coarse salt to make smoked salt. It has a great flavor. Started with salt since it was easy but would be interested if you could do something like that with garlic and then use a spice grinder to break it down into a rub
Take the skin off the cloves and put them on cold smoke in a covered grill with a pellet tube. It won’t cook the garlic so you can cook it later to sweeten it if you want.
Same process to cold smoke cheese in the dead of winter.

Hexagon Pellet Smoker Tube,12 inch Stainless Steel BBQ Wood Pellet Tube Smoker for Cold/Hot Smoking,5 Hours of Billowing Smoke-for Any Grill or Smoker,with 2 S Shape Hooks+1 Cleaning Brush. https://a.co/d/3q1IZBf

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True story. I smoked brisket one time and was all out of rub and didn’t want to make a new batch so I used a 50/50 mixture of coarse ground pepper and sea salt.
I didn’t use a rub either on a brisket to win 5th place in the Okla state championship cook off.
Marinated with a 50/50 mix of teriyaki and soy sauce with a 10 % add of Worcestershire, adding lots of fresh crushed garlic and black pepper to the sauce.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s honestly how I cook all my briskets. I just use a mixture of salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of granulated garlic. You should try it again sometime

2CC621D4-9ACF-49CE-9F7A-19E6368F55A3.jpeg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take the skin off the cloves and put them on cold smoke in a covered grill with a pellet tube. It won’t cook the garlic so you can cook it later to sweeten it if you want.
Same process to cold smoke cheese in the dead of winter.

Hexagon Pellet Smoker Tube,12 inch Stainless Steel BBQ Wood Pellet Tube Smoker for Cold/Hot Smoking,5 Hours of Billowing Smoke-for Any Grill or Smoker,with 2 S Shape Hooks+1 Cleaning Brush. https://a.co/d/3q1IZBf

I just may have to get me one of those! Thanks, Dennis!

Latest posts

Top Bottom