Post your favorite meat rubs (not that kind RickN)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to stay "local" if I can.......
Elk Creek - Black Label AP (I put this on everything. If you can find it, get it. You're welcome.) Grillin' Garlic Jalapeno, Hogs Knuckle Honey Chipotle
Kosmos - Hot Dirty Bird, Killer Honey Bee, Cow Cover
Butcher BBQ - Grilling Addiction, Honey Rub

Currently my 2 favorites for ribs are Oakridge Dominator and Whiskey Bent Pecanerry (pecan/Cherry).

Academy has seriously upped their game in the outdoor cooking category.
If you haven't been in a while, go check out the new expanded selection of sauces & seasonings.

Check out JR's BBQ Supply in Moore. NW corner of Broadway & 4th.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kosmos is a local guy but ships all over the country. His store front is literally in the same building as H&H gun range in Okc. His stuff is awesome

B2BBF10C-DF4F-434A-8FC3-E0DDC3E1BD18.jpeg

Last edited:

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I found some no salt Tony Charchere's. Also from Bravado Spice Company, their Crimson Tex-Cajun. Other than those, I keep it simple, salt, pepper, brown sugar, red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder for all the base of my seasonings or just those alone. After that I experiment with other seasonings like curry powder, all spice, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kosmos is a local guy but ships all the over the country. His store front is literally in the same building as H&H gun range in Okc. His stuff is awesome
Mix up his brisket injection with beef stock and have at it til it leaks everywhere. Hot cow cover all over it, place it on a coooling rack in an aluminum pan with the leftover injection in the pan and about 14 hours later, it's heaven. I even use the leftover liquid (may have to add a beer) in the pan for my burnt ends. No sauce. No leftovers.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Mix up his brisket injection with beef stock and have at it til it leaks everywhere. Hot cow cover all over it, place it on a coooling rack in an aluminum pan with the leftover injection in the pan and about 14 hours later, it's heaven. I even use the leftover liquid (may have to add a beer) in the pan for my burnt ends. No sauce. No leftovers.

Damn that sounds good

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the kosmos stuff, especially the dirty bird and hot dirty bird for chicken. But, I’ve found just about everything has too much salt and typically things get salty before properly seasoned. So ive been trying my hand at mixing my own. Decent results so far.
I would like to do the same, just don’t have the space currently to keep the bulk sizes of all the ingredients on hand to test and mix them.

Let us know your recipe if you come up with something good!

Latest posts

Top Bottom