Post your Home Made Pin Tumblers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@swampratt do you mind giving up the goods on how you wired the treadmill motor? I disassembled ours (was only way to junk it by myself) and kept the 130vdc motor, the rollers and lift motor. Thinking of trying the rotary tumble method to compliment my vibratory tumbler.
Mine has 4 wires coming off the back, 2 opposite each other (assuming +&-) and 2 that look like they go in by the windings. At work ATM or I'd take pics. TIA!👍

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@swampratt do you mind giving up the goods on how you wired the treadmill motor? I disassembled ours (was only way to junk it by myself) and kept the 130vdc motor, the rollers and lift motor. Thinking of trying the rotary tumble method to compliment my vibratory tumbler.
Mine has 4 wires coming off the back, 2 opposite each other (assuming +&-) and 2 that look like they go in by the windings. At work ATM or I'd take pics. TIA!👍

I have 4 wires exiting the rear of mine 2 that are blue and go in under the rear cover and then a black on the outside edge and a red just opposite of that .

I assumed black and red went to the brushes as they were on opposites of the commutator.
If there are brushes in these anyway.

So I just hooked the black and red to negative and positive on a drained car battery 8 volts.

I figured the low voltage would not hurt it if i was wrong.
I was not wrong.
Spun slow and then I reversed the wires and it rotated in the other direction.

When you build it make sure it spins the tumbler in such a direction as to tighten the lid and not unscrew it :)
That is if the lid decides to get into a place to rub against the frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom