Post Your Training Experiences: Read the Rules Before Posting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay! After a few technical difficulties the video has finally been posted....you can see it here:

CQT Class Highlight Video: http://www.tdsatulsa.com/

Video link is at the top of the home page, can't miss it!
CQT Class Image Gallery: Gallery Links

A few screen shots from the video:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Sorry for the delay! :smack:

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kgull85 said:
Cool, thanks for posting it.

From looking at the contact range firing, I would guess that you would advise not to use a ported handgun for concealed carry?

I'm forced to carry one at work, but if I had my choice I'd use a standard barrel.

I've done the course with the ported gun but its a little unpleasant.

Michael Brown

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
I'm forced to carry one at work, but if I had my choice I'd use a standard barrel.

I've done the course with the ported gun but its a little unpleasant.

Michael Brown

Hey MB, I've never owned a Glock "C" model. Does the porting "really" help that much with follow up shots and double taps? I mean, is it worth burning your face and ruining your night vision?

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
Hey MB, I've never owned a Glock "C" model. Does the porting "really" help that much with follow up shots and double taps? I mean, is it worth burning your face and ruining your night vision?

It helps but it hurts more IMO.

It's not a worthwhile tradeoff to me.

Michael Brown

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Mike, doesn't TPD issue you guys that damned Safariland 070 SSIII holster? The kind that you have to enter your Social Security # (hence the model being named the SS) and fingerprint clearance to draw your weapon? Or do they issue the model 295? And if I were you, I'd slip a regular barrell into that G22! :thumb: I mean...who's gonna know?

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 'em down said:
Hey Mike, doesn't TPD issue you guys that damned Safariland 070 SSIII holster? The kind that you have to enter your Social Security # (hence the model being named the SS) and fingerprint clearance to draw your weapon? Or do they issue the model 295? And if I were you, I'd slip a regular barrell into that G22! :thumb: I mean...who's gonna know?

They do issue the 070. Personally I think its the best LE holster out there.

Someone would know if I had a different barrel in there if I shot someone.

Michael Brown

tams72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TDSA is definitely for me...have had a couple of Marshall's classes and it has helped my more than I can say...of course I have the benifit of shooting with all of the guys at local matches too and they are still helping me even there. I love each and every one of them...Mike Brown included...If you ever have a chance to take any of the classes offered by any of the Tulsa crew please do...it is well worth the travel from OKC, or anywhere,...I can go into a situation (am in law enforcement as well as competition shooting) and know that with the training I have received I have a better knowledge base to pull from instead of the VERY terrified person I was about 3 years ago. I did not even want a gun in my home and they have helped by giving me knowledge. All of which I pass on to my kids (10 & 12). Respect...trust...are just a couple of words I can say about these guys...hope to be right beside them someday...(maybe a little ahead ;)...)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished up the 2-day Assault Response Training out there....all I can say is it sure is refreshing to engage in some training that acknowledges the harsh reality of personal protection.

If you are lookin for some politically correct, clean and sexy training then this isn't the school for you. It's down and dirty, stick the gun in the SOBs face and finish the fight he started kind of training.

Good even split between range time and knocking each other around on the mats working simple, effective and easy to retain hand-to-hand drills (with and without weapons).

The instructors gauged our ability in the beginning and the pace/scope of the training was adjusted based on that assessment. War stories were saved for the breaks and lunch time...and never got a sales pitch for another class.

If you don't want to get bruised up and maybe catch an occasional elbow to the jaw....stick to the narrow lane courses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom