Posted by OK2A, please read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding the Shoulder Holsters - I understand you all being concerned about a holster you have had for years, but a Basic Gun Safty Rule is Never point the gun at anything you are not prepared to Kill. When a weapon is carried horizontally in such a holster you are sweeping everybody behind you. That is not safe - I would never carry that way. I cannot understand wanting to carry your gun in any way that would endanger other people- unless you are defending yourself or others...To my mind, the fact that you have had said holster for a long time does not make it OK to point your gun at other people. Liberty & Freedom also come with responsibility. . . Just my .02 worth...

Last edited:

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don Spencer & OK2A on your Firearms Rights during an "Emergency" . . .
----------------------

OK Emergency Powers and Firearms

§21-1321.4. Acts which may be proclaimed prohibited - Actions at law or in equity
A. The Governor during the existence of a state of emergency, by proclamation, may, in the area described by the proclamation, which proclamation shall not cover any part or portion of the state not affected by public disorder, disaster, or riot at the time the proclamation is issued, prohibit:
B. Notwithstanding this section or any other law of this state, neither the Governor nor any official of a municipal or state entity shall prohibit or suspend the sale, ownership, possession, transportation, carrying, transfer and storage of firearms, ammunition and ammunition accessories during a declared state of emergency, that are otherwise legal under state law.
D. Any individual aggrieved by a violation of subsection B of this section may seek relief in an action at law or in equity for redress against any person who subjects such individual or causes such individual to be subjected to an action prohibited by subsection B of this section. In addition to any other remedy at law or in equity, an individual aggrieved by the seizure or confiscation of a firearm or ammunition in violation of subsection B of this section may bring an action for the return of such firearm or ammunition in the district court of the county in which that individual resides or in which such firearm or ammunition is located. In any action or proceeding to enforce the provisions of this section, the court shall award the prevailing plaintiff costs and reasonable attorney fees.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That will make my Jackass/Galco Miami Vice style shoulder holster I’ve had since the eighties illegal.
I have the Miami Classic 2 and it would be illegal. It better not pass. That thing cost me $200. That’s the dumbest crap I’ve heard. Just because it’s pointed that way doesn’t mean squat. It ain’t gonna fire itself.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding the Shoulder Holsters - I understand you all being concerned about a holster you have had for years, but a Basic Gun Safty Rule is Never point the gun at anything you are not prepared to Kill. When a weapon is carried horizontally in such a holster you are sweeping everybody behind you. That is not safe - I would never carry that way. I cannot understand wanting to carry your gun in any way that would endanger other people- unless you are defending yourself or others...To my mind, the fact that you have had said holster for a long time does not make it OK to point your gun at other people. Liberty & Freedom also come with responsibility. . . Just my .02 worth...
I’m not pointing the gun at anyone. It’s in a holster and the trigger is covered. It ain’t like it’s in my hand and I’m pointing at someone. I like it horizontal because it’s harder to draw from a vertical rig. I’ve never heard anyone have an issue with it till now. And tell me how I am endangering anyone with carrying with my shoulder rig. With that way of thinking a pistol is never safe even if it’s holstered. I guess it will just decide to shoot itself at will. Your thoughts on this are ridiculous. But that’s your right to believe that way. Just like I have the right to believe the way I do. I am very safe when I carry a gun. Or if I shoot a gun. Or if I even handle one. I’ve used my rig countless times over the years and I’ve never had an incident where I shot someone because my gun went off on its own.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’ve only worn for 45 years and it hasn’t shot anyone on accident yet. I carry a full size Glock 17 or a S&W 645 in it. I don’t care for the weight on my hip or stuck down my pants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom