Posted by OK2A, please read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK2A-Kay County Meeting Suspended

Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Association-The State’s Leading Advocate for 2nd Amendment Rights and Liberty Group has suspended its meetings due to the Emergency declared in the State and Ponca City. Meetings are the 4th Saturday of each month @ 12;00 Noon at New Hope Christian Fellowship in Ponca City. There will be no meeting in March - we plan to be back on schedule for our April 25th meeting. For Questions contact Terry Lee Thompson - OK2A-Kay County Coordinator 580-670-0357 / [email protected].

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sturgisrun, thanks for posting about the meeting cancellation. I hope you or someone else will keep us informed of the Mayes County meeting also I intended to attend later this month. I have never done nor intend to do the Facebook thing so have to get my info other places.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will jump in on the "off topic" holster carry discussion with my opinion. I carry IWB t-shirt draped over only when I have pants on, every day. I lay my 1911 on the floor by my bed pointed away from me along with others around the house in "condition 1" in other places.

I Guess I have the same "stigma" others have here.

I do not care for any barrel with a shell loaded pointed at me whether it is mine or anyone else's any time. Does not matter if it is being carried, laying on a table, shotgun propped against the door frame with the safety on, laying across the top of my freezer in the garrage, walking in front of a tank, or anywhere else where I could be looking down any barrel. Not my own firearms with me or on the other side of the wall, much less someone else's anywhere.

My vote is keep your barrel pointed some other direction away from where it (not you, it, the firearm) might shoot, no matter what. Yep, out eating holding your fork having a heart attack and on the way down to put your face in the plate your fork grabs the trigger. Even that is something I would not want to expose others to. JMO

(Yep, pretty lame example but all I could think of at the moment) You got fishing line attached to that trigger you are not touching? Nope, I do not want it pointed at me. Period.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will jump in on the "off topic" holster carry discussion with my opinion. I carry IWB t-shirt draped over only when I have pants on, every day. I lay my 1911 on the floor by my bed pointed away from me along with others around the house in "condition 1" in other places.

I Guess I have the same "stigma" others have here.

I do not care for any barrel with a shell loaded pointed at me whether it is mine or anyone else's any time. Does not matter if it is being carried, laying on a table, shotgun propped against the door frame with the safety on, laying across the top of my freezer in the garrage, walking in front of a tank, or anywhere else where I could be looking down any barrel. Not my own firearms with me or on the other side of the wall, much less someone else's anywhere.

My vote is keep your barrel pointed some other direction away from where it (not you, it, the firearm) might shoot, no matter what. Yep, out eating holding your fork having a heart attack and on the way down to put your face in the plate your fork grabs the trigger. Even that is something I would not want to expose others to. JMO

(Yep, pretty lame example but all I could think of at the moment) You got fishing line attached to that trigger you are not touching? Nope, I do not want it pointed at me. Period.

I can see both sides of this discussion. All appendix carry is pointed at your junk, OC is pointed at your foot and outer thigh. Chest carry points at everybody else.
I also agree that the gun is not going to self fire....except for one occasion and I have backup with a dozen witnesses to prove it.
I had just finished a course of fire in a steel challenge match where you had to fire three shots from one position and four shots from another with running to the second position. Walking back to the first position with the pistol in full view and my finger not anywhere near the trigger, it fired. The Range Officer and several in the peanut gallery agreed no finger on the trigger.
The day before the match I had a new trigger installed in the Mark III Ruger. I left it in the condition it was and took it back to the smith. He said a spring was installed upside down. Not sure about that diagnosis, but thousands of rounds later, that issue has never came up again.
SO! With that comment, yes guns can be discharged without operator intervention. One in a million or more, but it can happen and I'm the person that it happened to.
Some of the folks on this forum are familiar with the RO that witnessed this.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ain't no body of a shooter out here compared to others so kinda stand back, just impinging along.

Down in my hanger (metal building at my house) with one of those box things with the plastic slide out drawers. Had some oddball ammo stuff in one tray. Noticed the Plastic broke to ****. Not been down there for two days. but might have missed it while getting my mower out. Bullet broke the plastic tray, shell dented the back. Nothing in that tray had been touched or even the drawer opened in a year or so.

Really do not like it, but Shtuff can happen.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had some oddball ammo stuff in one tray. Noticed the Plastic broke to ****. Not been down there for two days. but might have missed it while getting my mower out. Bullet broke the plastic tray, shell dented the back.
Well, there ya go. That there amunishun stuff is too dangerous for regular citizens.

PM me and I'll give you a shipping address for proper disposal.
:drunk2:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MacFromOk, i been down in offices when ammo was disengaged on purpose with ceiling tile falling in at the depot to know what you are referencing to. Controlled is one thing, unexpected is another, was this "off thread" was talking about.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well being a mans point of view, I have and have had more than a few thosands of rounds of ammo in my life. For me to discover one that was not intentionally shot off by me intentionallu was significant is all I was trying to share, stuff can happpen

Latest posts

Top Bottom