1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Posting a video

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Timmy59, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Is there a way to post a video without posting it to you tube and or a public viewed site ?

2. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Blake explained to me how to do it through YouTube yesterday. I THINK the one I posted is only available to folks that have the link so it's not like just anybody cruising YouTube can see my video. I set it to "unlisted" as opposed to "public" or "private". But to really answer your question.....IDK, why'd you ask me??

Timmy59 likes this.
  3. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You might oughta get Clara to fully explain it, seeing as she is in big time now.. It's the wife pinging plates with the .22 pistols so I want to keep it on the low down.. She was does NOT want any limelight..

Cowcatcher likes this.
  4. blake711

blake711 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Your going to have to host it somewhere. Like @Cowcatcher said you can host it on youtube and make it only viewable to those with the link. Once you post it on here though google bot will see it and index it in their search engine. So its possible someone could locate it via a search. So basically if you post it on this site. Its public.

This will tell you how to upload to youtube.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform=iOS&hl=en&oco=2

This will cover your privacy settings.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en&oco=1

Again once you put the link here anyone that looks at OSA or searched it could locate it with enough googling.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  5. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I tried setting it to Private the first time thinking it might let me share the video since it's "mine" but no dice.

6. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

I think there are a few areas of OSA that are only available to members (and are thus not indexed by search engines), but the only one I'm certain about is the Politics and Hot Topics area. The link would still be out there, but at least the Google wouldn't be giving it out to just anyone.