Posting Political (and other) Points of View - a Reminder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@TerryMiller, Warning points are like demerits; you get them for violation of the site's rules. Example: Tommy45 calls JoeBob38 an ignorant ugly, idiot because JoeBob38 won't agree with him.

First Offense: Probably just get a Reminder - no points, just a reminder that that type of conduct is against the rules.

Then Tommy45 calls another member, Donk211, a blithering, stupid, fatherless fool, because Donk211 likes Glocks over the 1911.

Second Offense: Now Tommy45 gets a Warning. That means he is given negative points, usually just 1 to start.

Third Offense: It appears that Tommy45 is a slow learner as he insists on being rude and calls other members foul names at every chance. He might get 2 points this time, and then the cycle continues until suddenly, the software gives a 1- 3 day ban for his bad behavior. When he comes back, he is boiling with anger and calls every body all kinds of bad names and uses racist terms and derogatory language about another member's mother. Points pile up: When he hits a certain number in a certain period of time, the software that runs the joint will put a strike through on his user name and he will be outta here on a permanent basis.

Would the labeling of another member a "lib" be against the rules?

I mean, if a guy admits he's a lib, that'd be ok, but calling a guy a lib just because he refuses your advances, or because you're too stupid to understand the meanings of words is pretty dang sorry.

Personally I wouldn't ban anyone or put anyone on ignore.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
@TerryMiller, Warning points are like demerits; you get them for violation of the site's rules. Example: Tommy45 calls JoeBob38 an ignorant ugly, idiot because JoeBob38 won't agree with him.

First Offense: Probably just get a Reminder - no points, just a reminder that that type of conduct is against the rules.

Then Tommy45 calls another member, Donk211, a blithering, stupid, fatherless fool, because Donk211 likes Glocks over the 1911.

Second Offense: Now Tommy45 gets a Warning. That means he is given negative points, usually just 1 to start.

Third Offense: It appears that Tommy45 is a slow learner as he insists on being rude and calls other members foul names at every chance. He might get 2 points this time, and then the cycle continues until suddenly, the software gives a 1- 3 day ban for his bad behavior. When he comes back, he is boiling with anger and calls every body all kinds of bad names and uses racist terms and derogatory language about another member's mother. Points pile up: When he hits a certain number in a certain period of time, the software that runs the joint will put a strike through on his user name and he will be outta here on a permanent basis.
Dang it Joel!

I was going to change my handle to JoeBob38 and now you've ruined it!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lately, there have been many posts made in various threads about such topics as censorship, government overreach, and the suppression of free speech. Some are posting what I can only call "on the fringe" comments about such things as the Jan 6 riots and advocating change (overthrow?) to our country. I have cautioned, by PM for the most part, some members about how volatile some things that have been said could be. I have seen numerous comments made with the phrase “stop the steal” and so on that could be a catchphrase that could cause us trouble when it gets picked up by outside eyes. I remind you; this is a public forum. One does not have to be a registered member to monitor or read what's posted here.

I am not saying that you can't post your political opinions, I'm saying to follow the rules in doing so. I also suggest that if you believe that we are on the verge of more extreme disorderly conduct or even possibly armed conflict to carefully think about what you have to say before you start hitting the keyboard. If you advocate breaking the law or seizing control through armed means, keep it to yourself or move it over to an extremist forum. OSA is not the place to urge others to take action outside the law with regards to the government or to individuals within it. Don't bring unwanted attention to either yourself, or to OSA. Even some of the user names currently used could be a red flag to outsiders. (Is yours one of them?) Please, let's be civil and smart about what we say here. I remind you again that one does not have to be a registered member to monitor or read what's posted.

Also, the mods have been very lenient lately with the use of language and what we call "bypassing the site censor" but I am going to ask them to tighten it up by the use of Reminders, Warnings, and by deleting threads and posts that run counter to our Terms of Service and the Site Rules. Too many discussions lately, particularly in this section, have spiraled down to borderline and outright personal attacks on each other. That needs to end please. How it ends is up to each individual member.
Biden 2024! ....there we are covered. Cheers comrades

Latest posts

Top Bottom