Powder Coating Bullets and Humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several months ago I powder coated some cast bullets, it worked great. We had the heater going in the house because it was cooler outside.
Last night, I tried to powder coat some more bullets. The powder would not stick to the bullets.
I do most of powder coating in the kitchen. We had AC going, my wife was running the dish washer. I had the open plastic tub with the powder and airsoft BBs in it next to the dishwasher while it was on the heated dry cycle.
I am 99.9% sure that the powder soaked up the moisture from the steam. I remember reading about reloaders having trouble powder coating bullets if the humidity was high.
I cleaned everything thing last night with isopropyl rubbing alcohol. I started over this morning with a clean tub, clean BBs, and clean bullets. So far, everything is working great.
I also believe that the heater going the last time helped to build the electrostatic charge easier.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know.
I am concerned about you doing the powder coating inside the house especially in an area where you prepare food.
I read some of the powder coating dust can contain lead and other toxic chemicals.
Not all powders .. but I would either move out of the eating area's or research the content of your powder.

You know asbestos was first touted as safe. but it is like catfish fins in your lungs.
Who knew?

Latest posts

Top Bottom