Powder for 53gr Vmax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dam thats top notch. What gun and/or scope?
It's a build, Midwest Industries billet upper, lower and handguard, an older S&W 1/8 5R barrel and had a Leupold 1-4 but went to a Burris 1-6, just started getting it dialed in with the new scope. Those Sierra 1400's are darn accurate out of anything I shoot them out of, really liked the moly coated when they had them. Back when my eyes were sharper I got right at 1 1/4" out of a Valmet with a 1/12 barrel at 100, for an AK style rifle I was pretty happy.
One more thing, consistency matters! All brass is sized and trimmed with the Dillon RT1200 on a single stage RCBS, powder dumped with a RCBS dump into a PACT scale, all charges exactly the same. Seated with an arbor press and L.E. Wilson dies.

Last edited:

GregoryT

New to the site!
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but wanted to share my experience with the 53gr vmax factory Hornady superformance load. I bought a bear creek arsenal upper 20 inch heavy barrel 1 in 7 twist but wasn't finding ammo that shot good.managed 1 to 1 1/2 moa out of 77 grain otm. Until I picked up a couple boxes of the 53 vmax. I thought 1 in 7 twist probably gonna be 2 or 3 moa. Man was I wrong sub 1/2 moa groups at 100 and 200 yards I don't really hunt varmints but when I want to shoot small groups this ammo does the job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom